not correct email adress in the header

When i fill out the conact widget in a post with this, so received this:

Von: “<zech@interboost.de <zech@interboost.de>”

In the first sighn < is wrong and must be deletet in the code.

Thanks

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @INTERBOOST WEB, hope you’re doing well today! :slight_smile:

I can confirm that this is taking place on my demo install as well, definitely an odd issue to have. I’ve notified the developer of this, as well as our SLS staff, so we can work on getting this taken care of.

Just to describe what’s going on here, the “name” (it shows as an email address) that shows up in the “From” section (seen inside an email client like Thunderbird) has a “<” tacked on, like this:

<zech@interboost.de

The code that seems to govern how this displays is on line 92 of contact-form/scripts/ajax.php

Regards,

Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @helen,

With the sheer number of support requests we deal with on a daily basis, and despite all our best efforts, sometimes one can slip through the cracks. This appears to have occurred here, and we thank you for your patience on this issue.

I have just sent a priority alert to the developer who will jump in here as soon as he is able.

Hope you’re doing well today! :slight_smile:

Regards,

Michael

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Guys,

I’ve attached an updated ajax.php file here. Please unzip it and upload it to wp-content/plugins/contact-form/scripts/ making sure to overwrite the existing ajax.php file that already exists on your server. Let us know if this fixes things for you. :slight_smile:

• Helen
    • New Recruit

Hi @jonathan and @jose. I apologize for the late response. Just uploaded and overwrote the ajax file. I am not using the generic email sending address. Contact form still is sending email that is received looking like: <email@somewhere.com in the name. Thunderbird is smart enough to strip it if you hit reply on the email received.

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi @helen,

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

Something weird happened with Jonathan’s attachment. It seems exactly the same as the production version of the file.

So, I fixed it (again).

Try the attached file.

Now, it is supposed to use the current user name (if the user is logged) followed by the email:

If the user is not logged in, it will repeat the email address:

Please give it a go and let me know if I missed something. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.