WHMCS MU Provisioning: Not detecting sites already in the system

I just did a test trying to set up a site with the name of one that was already on the Multisite. The system from the admin side doesn't allow it, but it doesn't tell the user that their selection is not available.

The same happens with a sub-domain that has gone through the WHMCS/WordPress Provisioning system. There is no message to say that the username has been taken, please select another.

Is there a way to do that?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe

Me again, sorry :slight_smile:

I would have to ask the Developer to step in and have a look as I am not able to give you a solution in this case.

I will flag him and follow the thread for any development.

If you need any further support, please don't hesitate to be in contact.

Enjoy your day!

Gina

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Yes when a customer is buying we don't have any way to check what's on the Wordpress site. WHMCS doesn't have a place to call code for that kind of check. I've tried setting the accept to automatic so that it would fail on the creation and was hoping it would inform the customer but WHMCS just lets it go through and expects the Admin to sort it out.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I've been looking at this and have been doing some tests and I had my free sub-domain set up incorrectly for some reason.

I just ran a test where I have Multisite, using this plugin, and general web hosting both offering the same sub-domain.

I created an account with this provisioning plugin, then tried to create another account with the same sub-domain and it said that the sub-domain had already been taken, please try another one.

I then tried to set up a normal hosting account using the same sub-domain, and again it said the sub-domain had already been taken, please try another one.

So although it won't know what you already may have on your site, it will know what sub-domains have already been taken on the system, if if it is on a separate product.

I hope that clears it up for those who need this to be working.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe

Hope you're well. As I mentioned in my other post to you, we haven't forgotten about you. We're awaiting feedback from the Developer, but he has been extremely busy with some plugin updates. So I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

I will follow up with the Developer again. In the meantime, if you did manage to solve the problem, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your patience. I will be in touch shortly.

Have a good day!

Gina

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Joe has it right. If there is a collision of subdomain names with something already on the Multisite it won't go through obviously. It expects the Admin to come up with a different name which they probably need to contact the customer about it.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Hi waitan.

The problem is if you have sub-domains already set up within your WordPress site, they won't be shown as unavailable within WHMCS.

This isn't really something that can be dealt with by the plugin though, as it is too different databases. If you set up a sub-domain through WHMCS using the plugin, then users will not then be able to use the sub-domain, it will say that it is unavailable, it's only on sub-domains set up through WP where this wouldn't happen.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.