Not getting correct access to network sites

I recently started using membership in hopes that it would be the solution for my network site issues. Here is the rundown.

I have a network of sites set up, with one main site and four sub sites that each have different themes with features. Coupons, listings, business directory, and job postings. They each have their own user roles for things such as seeking a job or being able to post jobs, etc. The main website is the one I would like payments to go through, so the customer can pick their plan and have access to the sub sites and access levels they would like to purchase.

What I need is some way to tie the user membership all together across all sites so that the person purchases one subscription on the main site and then can use whichever features from the sub sites. The four sub sites are appthemes themes, and some of them have user roles to either post resumes or post jobs, or to post a business listing. The appropriate user role is selected in the access level for the subscription plan (under advanced in access levels) but it will not let me submit the job or business listing. A user registered on the respective sub site is able to do this.

Also, I have the code in wp-config to share a single table across all sites with membership.

My site is igolocally.com for reference.

I'm using appthemes' jobroller, clipper, classipress, and vantage, as well as the third party user roles editor.

Please help!

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Membership, even when network activated, does not protect your entire network out of the box but works per site basis.

Did you have a look at the membership manual and made sure that you setup the global tables correctly ?

Page 77

Q: Can Membership installation control access to my Multisite Sites?
    A: Out of the box, no - it will be set up as individual membership sites.
    The following is for ADVANCED users who can support their installation once they make
    these changes. There is no documentation on how this will affect your site, please do not
    proceed with this unless you are sure you can service your issues.
    You can set the plugin to use "global tables" which will enforce it to use a common single
    set of tables for the entire network, then when you network activate it will run across the
    whole network as a single membership system and be managed via the network admin panel.
    The define you need to set is in membershipincludes/functions/membershipconfig.php
    (along with a few others you can tweak) - you can also set them in your wp-config.php file
    to ensure they stay across updates:
    if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES'))
    define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);
    if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_MAINSITE'))
    define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_MAINSITE', 1);

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• seth_muscarella

I had already added those definitions to wp-config.php, it sounded like I could either put it there or in membershipconfig.php. Although it did make membership uniform across all sites, I do not actually have any option to manage it in the network admin panel. I have been using it within one of the site's admin panels.

I'm really not as concerned with "protection" of content, as I'm primarily using this just to "mask" subscription users with the correct roles. I even tried giving a sample user a high access level in hopes that I could just add negative rules accordingly, but even that did not work out right.

• PC

I would like to clarify; if the network tables are set up correctly, I will be able to have the membership plugin as an option in the network admin panel, similar to how it is on my sites?

As per the manual

Note to Multisite Users: While there are no settings for the Membership Premium under the
    Network Admin menu, we will be later discussing some constants which can be set to control basic
    functions of the plugin across your entire Multisite network.
    See the Constants section for details

What I need is some way to tie the user membership all together across all sites so that the person purchases one subscription on the main site and then can use whichever features from the sub sites. The four sub sites are appthemes themes, and some of them have user roles to either post resumes or post jobs, or to post a business listing. The appropriate user role is selected in the access level for the subscription plan (under advanced in access levels) but it will not let me submit the job or business listing. A user registered on the respective sub site is able to do this.

I had already added those definitions to wp-config.php, it sounded like I could either put it there or in membershipconfig.php. Although it did make membership uniform across all sites, I do not actually have any option to manage it in the network admin panel. I have been using it within one of the site's admin panels.

They can be added either ways. The benefit is that if added in wp-config.php its safe from plugin updates.

Adding

to your WP-CONFIG file will give you network admin menu for Membership plugin and take it off the subsites at the same time.

Q: Can Membership installation control access to my Multisite Sites?
    A: Out of the box, no - it will be set up as individual membership sites.
    The following is for ADVANCED users who can support their installation once they make
    these changes. There is no documentation on how this will affect your site, please do not
    proceed with this unless you are sure you can service your issues.
    You can set the plugin to use "global tables" which will enforce it to use a common single
    set of tables for the entire network, then when you network activate it will run across the
    whole network as a single membership system and be managed via the network admin panel.
    The define you need to set is in membershipincludes/functions/membershipconfig.php
    (along with a few others you can tweak) - you can also set them in your wp-config.php file
    to ensure they stay across updates:
    if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES':wink:)
    if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_MAINSITE':wink:)
    define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_MAINSITE', 1);

I hope that helps.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Heya,

I can have a closer look to make sure that the settings are updated fine.

Can you send me the login details via our secure contact form here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Please select "I have a different question" from the contact form.

Mark the email to my attention and Include FTP and WordPress admin details. Yeah, please do not forget to include a link to this thread.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.