Not one part of this plugin worked on my site, Internal

Not one part of this plugin worked on my site, Internal Server errors on every section when you've tried to enable Gzip (have to manually delete all the stuff from .htaccess), site monitoring says my site isn't publicly accessible from the internet! (of course it is!!), browser caching says it can't work and send in a support ticket and minification broke everything. Bad bad bad guys.

• Luís

Hi @rodpascoe,

Hope you're doing well today!

Sad to hear the problems you are having with the new Hummingbird plugin.

Can you send us the FTP details of your website, so we can investigate it further?

Please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Cheers, Luís

• Jim

Rod That's strange - I have it loaded and it ran with no problems whatsoever. We're running WP 4.4.2 on a CentOS 6.7/64-bit VPS, as well as Debian 32-bit. It is possible that you don't have gzip compression on your server, which could cause an error. It has to be compiled into PHP. You can check that from SSH/shell by:

# php -m |grep -i zip
    zip

If it does not show, it requires a recompile.

If it is there and you use cPanel, go to Optimize Website under Software and make sure that compression is turned on. You can also use the Apache tools from shell to enable compression and caching.

Also, as far as giving access to your server to WPMUDEV support, I have allowed then access using the WPMUDEV control panel option and kept track of their access via logging. As a reputable company who's software you have purchased and used, I don't feel they are looking for anything but additional information about how their software is behaving and assisting you in getting it running. I do respect your choice, just want to share my experience with their outstanding support people.

Also, I am open to questions from you. Always glad to lend a hand.

Jim