Not pull a image from RSS

Dear:
My requirement is to take the full story with the first image and import of various newspapers that have the RSS .
Currently in Diario La Nacion , brings the news in half, the images in the news brings some and not others .
It's possible? as is done depend on the RSS ?
The support via grant access, continue opened

Thanks
Leonardo Grabow

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there Leonardo,

How are you doing today?

Yes in order to get images in the posts from RSS feed images have to be in the feed so it does depend on the RSS feed, if there are no images in the actual feed they there is nothing Autoblog can do to pull those images into the posts.

With that said I've check those RSS feeds and 3 out of 4 look like they have some images inside them, which specific feed are you having issues with? Or this happens with all 4?

Please let me know so I can try to test this on my sandbox sites :slight_smile:

Looking forward for your response!

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Binweb Online Solutions
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Bojan
    Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    The drawback RSS 'm having is:
    Example 1: Infobae Politic http://cdn01.ib.infobae.com/adjuntos/162/rss/politica.xml not take pictures
    Example 2: The Nation - Politic http://contenidos.lanacion.com.ar/herramientas/rss/categoria_id=30 In this case the images the matter in some news , and not others , being the first images of the news ( with the option of taking the first image as outstanding image)

You can help?
    Thank you very much
    Leonardo Grabow

Hi Bojan
    One question more:
    Of the following options :
    Featured Image Importing
    Select a way to import featured image
    * Do not import featured image
    * Use media : thumbnail tag of a feed item
    * Use enclosure tag of a feed item
    * Find the first image content of a feed Within item
    * Find the last image content of a feed Within item
    Some can search the image first and if you do not have or can not bring to incorporate the image by default?

You can help?
    Thank you very much
    Leonardo Grabow

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again,

I've checked both of those feeds and Example 1 doesn't have any images within the feed so there is nothing really that we can do there as Autoblog can import only what it is already added into the feed.

As for second one, I've tried importing this on one of my sandbox sites and it did import images as well, I've used the same Add-on you're using "Image Import" which works out of a box so it doesn't require any additional setup, and everything worked properly (images were imported). I can see that there are images for those posts on your site as well, see screenshot:

Best regards,
    Bojan

Hi Bojan again :slight_smile:
    I can try with RSS La Nación (Example 2) and the autoblog not import a images
    http://prntscr.com/brw899
    The options for Featured images are http://prntscr.com/brwe2k
    The problem continue :slight_frown:

You can confirm if i can set Default image and this put only when the feed not have a first image?

I appreciate the quick response and hope to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Leonardo Grabow

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again Leonardo,

I didn't realize you're trying to use images from content as featured images for your posts so the above screenshot doesn't really mean much.

I've run another test with the same feed and everything worked properly, I did use "Find the first image within content of a feed item" and this was the result:

At the moment I don't see any posts from "Política" category on your iste so I'm assuming that you've removed those?

Would you mind if I'd try to import those posts, I'll make sure to delete them if they don't import featured images.

Please let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again Leonardo,

I've did some additional testing on both your site and my sandbox site and for "Política - Diario La Nación" which is the feed that pulls out posts that goes into "Política" category, the problem is that you're pulling in only last 5 posts which do not have any images inside the content which is why there are no images set as featured images.

If you import whole feed, you'll see that there are posts that do have images such as this one http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1918240-resignados-y-enojados-los-vecinos-no-salen-de-su-asombro where content image is added as featured image, see screenshot:

What you can do for that since some of the posts do not have images inside, you can use Default image that will replace those images, the option is in feed settings under "Featured Image Importing", see screenshot:

Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.