Not quite groking negative vs positive rules in Membership plugin

I did read the documentation and I'm a little confused still. Hoping someone can just give a quick answer to this.

If I only add positive rules - that is a user has access to this or that content, then everything else is negative by default?

If I only add negative rules, is everything else positive by default?

If I add a positive category rule, do have also have to do positive menu rules? What isn't covered by category?

Is there a way to just move the whole parent level of permissions instead of moving each sub component if I want to give certain users uber access??

I'm just not clear on how to organize this. So far I'm really happy with the ease of use and breadth of protection, just confused on how to implement these permissions.

thanks so much,

• Barry

If I only add positive rules - that is a user has access to this or that content, then everything else is negative by default?

For those rules yes, for everything else no.
    e.g. If I add a pages rule to positive and tick the "about" page, but leave the "super secret" page unticked then a user on that level will be able to see the about page but not the super secret one.

As I haven't added the posts rule, they will be able to see all posts, etc...

If I only add negative rules, is everything else positive by default?

Same answer as above but the other way around.

If I add a positive category rule, do have also have to do positive menu rules? What isn't covered by category?

Not sure what you mean here - menus and categories are different.

Is there a way to just move the whole parent level of permissions instead of moving each sub component if I want to give certain users uber access??

No - you'll need to add the rules you want and ensure you select the elements to protect / allow.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.