Not receiving email notifications that a pending appointment needs confirmation

As the admin, I'm not receiving email notifications that a new appointment is pending and waiting for me to confirm.

I receive all emails after I have changed the appointments from pending to confirmed, reminder emails and appointment removal emails but the initial email that tells me that I have a pending appointment that needs my confirmation DOES NOT appear.

Help we launch soon.

Thank you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Scylla,

Hope you're doing well today!

I checked your log via:

Appointments > Settings > Log tab.

and it says that it's sending the notification email, you will see the entries there. Can you check your spam folder as well in the email that it says it's sending the "notification email" too :slight_smile:

If it's not there at all, then it is likely an issue with the email sending server, which I'm assuming is your host at the moment.

You can change it to send with Mandrill's servers instead with this pugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpmandrill/

Mandrill is from the same people as Mailchimp, so they're trusted servers which leads to less emails in your spam box too.

Look forward to hearing back on this!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Scylla

I couldn't access my spam folder so I installed mandrill. I'm getting all the emails now but all the emails are going to my spam folder. I tried adding the contact to my contacts folder and tested the bookings again and it still went to the spam folder. I think it's because the emails say "via mandrill". Unless I have the recipient reply to the email I think the confirmation emails will continue going to the spam folder.

I read that to remove the third party "via" link beside the sender domain I need to do this:

please publish an SPF record that includes the IPs of the vendor or affiliates which send your messages and sign your messages with a DKIM signature that is associated with your domain.

No clue how to do this. Would you be able to help me out with this as well? - edited (I believe I've figured this out)

Thank you for all your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.