Not Saving Changes

Ok, this is strange. I've been using this plugin for awhile now and it just started doing this. Only thing I did recently that may have affected things was restore my database to new version (updated the domain) but everything else is working exactly like it used to. This plugin is the only thing acting up.

What is happening is I click yes on "enable custom entry" and make a few other changes, but when I hit "save settings" the page simply reverts back to the default settings and "yes" changes back to "no" and no settings are saved. No matter what I choose, even if I only make one change, I cannot get this to accept any changes.

I also tried deactivating the plugin, deleting files, and re-uploading the latest version of the plugin downloaded from your site and it's still acting up.

What could be the issue here?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey coreymj78.

Ok, this is strange. I've been using this plugin for awhile now and it just started doing this. Only thing I did recently that may have affected things was restore my database to new version (updated the domain) but everything else is working exactly like it used to. This plugin is the only thing acting up.

Any cache plugins or browser cache which could be causing this?

Are you also using the latest version of WP?

When you restored an old DB was that from a different WP version? perhaps you need to run the network upgrade?

Did you restore old files as well? Could it be a plugin conflict? Try disabling all other plugins and then testing. And try using the default "Twenty Eleven" theme to test. Even it worked previously, still worth trying to debug.

And finally, are there any errors in your servers error_log?

I'd start there first. Let us know how you get on.

Take care

• coreymj78
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

No, I just did the backup / restore today, same exact WP version, everything. Only thing that changed was I did a find/replace on the primary domain and changed to a new domain. Followed correct steps as I've done this many time before for people who needed to change their domain. Just created an empty database in phpmyadmin, imported the edited database file, and then switched to it by updating my wp-config file correctly with the new info. No caching plugins that I'm aware of. I only imported the database, no files changed.

There are a couple other of your plugins that are doing the same thing. Trying to narrow them down. Some do, some don't.

Nothing new in the error log, just checked.

• coreymj78
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Never mind, thanks I got it working.

For some reason when I disabled all plugins, then tried to update it, it updated, then I re-enabled all plugins and the settings remained.

As for the other plugin which was doing the same thing, deleting it and re-uploading latest version is what fixed that one.

Thanks for help.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Great to see you got it working!! :slight_smile:

then tried to update it, it updated

Was it not the latest version then?

If it was then I suspect some kind of cache as the code would have been the same.

Anyway, as long as it is working now :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.