Not showing smushed images

Hello,

Just installed and runned your Smush plugin and after it was done with its work I tested the website and a lot of images didn't show up. I checked the MEDIA folder and they are all there.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Jan

• Rupok

Hi Jan,

I'm so sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. On your site, you have "PNG to JPEG conversion" option enabled. As Smush says in that option:

The resulting file will have a new filename and extension (JPEG), and any hard-coded URLs on your site that contain the original PNG filename will need to be updated.

So there is a chance that previously you added PNG images on your site and now their extension is changed to JPEG, that's why those images are not being shown. In the browser console, I see 404 error for two PNG files.

Can you check your site and replace all the PNG files with JPEG extension? I hope that will help.

Also if you can give a screenshot showing the portion of your site where the image is not showing will help us to investigate this problem.

Please let us know if replacing the links with JPEG extension helps. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.