Not Sure What Plugins To Use For My Project

Hi:

I have 1 dedicated IP and 20 parked domains on hostmonster. The reason I want to use multisite is to save time on setting up themes, plugins, seo, marketing, etc... I plan on hosting various app interfaces and mobile apps on 2 - 5 of the domains (front ends to cloud - not high traffic) and the rest is for standard business web sites.

I will not need to many subdomain sites, but it would be nice have the option for customer interfaces. I also need the option to have a lot of landing pages for marketing.

So, I want to set up a scalable system to manage what I'm doing now and be able to add the items stated above. I like the idea of branding all of it and managing it through a single interface. I really want to learn how to use the automated social features as well.

So, step 1 - What plugins do I need to use to manage the initial 20 domains through 1 interface?

step 2 - What plugins do I need for branding and social marketing.

step 3 - How do set this up so I can easily expand the system to a dedicated host?

step 4 - What do I need to host the mobile apps like the WP ios and android apps (they are really cool!).

step 5 - How do I get step be step instructions so I don't have to spend so much time reading tutorials that are outdated? I have to have the first 3 steps done next week.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

• aristath

So, step 1 - What plugins do I need to use to manage the initial 20 domains through 1 interface?

You don't need any additional plugins... WordPress multisite should suffice.

step 2 - What plugins do I need for branding and social marketing.

Take a look at our Easy Blogging plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/easy-blogging/

step 3 - How do set this up so I can easily expand the system to a dedicated host?

You don't have to do anything... Migrating a WordPress site to a new server is thoroughly documented here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

step 4 - What do I need to host the mobile apps like the WP ios and android apps (they are really cool!).

The apps themselves don't need any hosting.
    If you publish the Android app, it will be hosted on the Android Market. The IOS app will be hosted in Apple's app store.

step 5 - How do I get step be step instructions so I don't have to spend so much time reading tutorials that are outdated? I have to have the first 3 steps done next week.

There are a lot of tutorials... Perhaps if you give us some details on what it is you want the tutorial for, we'll be able to help out some more.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Chris

Hi:

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping for a little more detail. Do you have a guide or something that will show me the best method to use with hostmonster and cpanel?

I've got it set up as parked domains right now, but can't add any sites. I want the domains to look like independent sites like they were with addon domans.

Just need advice or guideline to follow. Some say multi-domain plugin, others say domain mapping, now no plugin?

It did't work at all with the addon set up. So, I must be missing something.

Sorry, but I have zero experience with multisite.

Thanks

• aristath

Just need advice or guideline to follow. Some say multi-domain plugin, others say domain mapping, now no plugin?

I'm sorry, I did not understand you wanted separate domains.
    You will have to use the domain mapping plugin.
    The multi-domains plugin allows you to use subdomains of different domains for your sub-sites.
    For example using the multi-domains plugin, you can have your sub-sites have a domain like sub.domain1.com OR sub.domain2.com etc.
    Using the domain mapping plugin, you can map domain2.com to sub.domain1.com
    I hope that clarifies their difference... what you need is the domain mapping plugin.
    You will have to point the extra domains to the same directory where your main site is installed, NOT on a separate folder.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.