Not sure how to set up "Affiliates."

I installed Affiliates.
But I'm not sure what I need to do so that visitors can sign up themselves for the affiliate program and register, enter their information, manage the banners they want to use, etc., etc.
Do I need more than just the Affiliate plugin? If I need more, which ones (in total) so I can allow people to sign up to get started as an affiliate, enter their info, manage their account, see payment info, etc., etc.

Can you advise me on how to fully get this set p and functioning?

Gary

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Gary.

A WordPress member is all they need to be to become an affiliate.

So they register on your site in the usual methods, they can then get to the affiliate stuff through:

Admin --> Users --> Affiliate Referrals
    Admin --> Users --> Affiliate Banner

There are also a number of shortcodes:

[affiliatelogincheck] – place this at the top of the page that you are planning on using the rest of the shortcodes on and it will display a login message if the user isn’t logged in.
    [affiliateuserdetails] – mirrors the affiliate details form from the admin area (yellow box)
    [affiliatestatstable] – mirrors the large click statistics table
    [affiliatevisitstable] – mirrors the referrers this month table
    [affiliatetopvisitstable] – mirrors the top referrers table
    [affiliatestatschart] – mirrors the main statistics charts
    [affiliatevisitschart] – mirrors the referrers charts
    [affiliatebanners] – displays the banners you add to your affiliate settings

These plugins which Mark mentioned:

membership
    market press
    directory
    classifieds
    pro sites

They are plugins which we integrate with, so you can collect affiliate payments from selling products in MarketPress or ads in classifieds.

Barry also wrote an article about integrating with other code:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/

Do you plan to use all those plugins?

You don't have to install them all, just the ones you want to collect affiliate payments from. If using MarketPress for example you can activate the Affiliate addon here:

Admin --> Affiliate --> Add-ons

And then set the payout in:

Admin --> Products --> Store Settings

Which plugins do you intend to use, I'll tell you where to set the affiliate payout percentage.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.