Not! Transferring/Duplicating Theme Colors!

Hi Support,

I'm testing out the New Blog Templates plugin and it appears the original background and menu colors as well gradients from the chosen template, is Not being carried over to the next blog?

I'm using Catalyst's Dynamic Theme.
Everything else was transferred to the new blog beautifully except for the colors and gradients?

I did click on all the Catalyst DB connections as found by the advance process in the plugin.

Please advice.

Best regards,

spicer

• aecnu

Greetings spicer,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I hope that you have indeed made your new blogs template from one of your sub domains rather then the main site?

Once you have confirmed the template is not the main site of the installation I will be certain to see about getting the lead developer of New Blog Templates in here with his invaluable insight as to the reason why your background etc. are not copying over which I believe is the css information.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings spicer,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings spicer,

Thank you for the reply.

I'm still feeling my way how this question and answer support process works.

Hey no problem at all and glad to see that you made it back in here :slight_smile:

This is going to be a tough one to figure out since we do not own the theme in question that I am aware of.

I have done some research on this here on Dev and cannot find a solution or even something to have you check first before calling in the lead developer.

Therefore I have no choice but to see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this particular theme, but there could be a couple of reasons why is this happening. The copying process relies heavily on expected data sources and (to a lesser extent) formats, so when something is not copied over properly odds are the plugin didn't recognize the data source, or the data format needed some modification to behave properly on the new blog.

Of these two, the first one is much easier to debug and fix, so let's try to cover our basics first. To do that, we'll need to figure out where the colors are stored. Is it possible that the theme uses a custom table for its settings? If so, you'll need to mark it for copying too. You can do this by going to your network admin area > Settings > Blog Templates, then in the template list click the template name. Under "Advanced Options", there will be a list of tables with checkboxes near them - you can use those to mark the tables you need to be copied over to your new blog.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hiya @spicer

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Please note that, since we haven't heard back from you in a while I will go ahead and resolve this topic, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback from our Support Team. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a great day!

Gina

• spicer

Hello Gina and Vladislav,

This symptom is still persisting.
    I've done Vladislav suggestion and checking off 3 Tables.

In addition, as mentioned before? I'm using the child theme (Dynamic) of
    the Catalyst theme.

The theme also is Not carried over automatically!?
    I have to de-activate and re-activate the (Dynamic) child theme for it to become visible
    even though it (Dynamic) shows being the main theme selected after
    looking at the Appearance option on copied blog using the template.

Please advice.

Thank you in advance for your quick response.

Best,

spicer

• aecnu

Greetings spicer,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.