Not working...

Have the domain mapping plugin installed and it doesn't seem to be working. I followed the installation to the T and double checked it, even triple checked to make sure it's right.

Anytime I go to the site I just see my cpanel home page?

http://louiescontinental.com

Please help.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Anytime I go to the site I just see my cpanel home page?

Which suggests you didn't follow the instructions listed under Server configuration :slight_smile:

Server Configuration

Many times you may run into trouble where mapped domains don't resolve to your WordPress Multi-site install even though the DNS is correct for the domain you are trying to map. This is especially common with shared hosting. Some symptoms are getting a default or non-existant domain screen branded by your host. What this means is that your WordPress install/virtualhost is not set as the default for your IP address, so different domains do not load it up.

Did you add the domain as an Add-on or park it and point it to your WP install? You should have done the later with a cpanel set up, but if you aren't running cpanel and are on your own server - you'll need to edit your vhost files.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

The main site is an add-on domain

So your WordPress installation exists in a sub-directory and not at your 'root' (normally something like /username/public_html/)?

The domain that you want mapped is the one that needs to be 'parked'. If it's currently setup as an add-on you'll want to delete the add-on and create it as a parked domain.

So do I change it to a parked domain or should i get a dedicated IP address?

Yes. You should get a dedicated IP address. Just to make sure that your domain mapping doesn't break down the road.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.