Replace Admin Text not working with Plugins

Hi there.

Is there any reason why this would not work on the Admin Text of certain Plugins? Could they be protected in any way? I thought this would just target all text in the admin area? If not, is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Andrew

• kshengelia
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello circus,

I think that this plugin translates (in our words – changes) WordPress core phrases and words using gettext function. So I don’t really believe about permission’s problem, but maybe those plugins don’t support gettext.

I am using this plugin myself and I have tried it to translate some strings of Ultimate Facebook and it worked nice.

That’s my opinion anyway.

Regards,

Kote

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Well, good news is you’re not going mad! Unfortunately, those plugins may not provide the needed translation feature for this to work. I’ll check on that once I get a clear moment as I use a couple of their plugins, then report back here on that.

Cheers,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya Ab,

I took a look through a bunch of iThemes/PluginBuddy’s files and couldn’t find many localized plugins, but I did notice that the Builder theme and LoopBuddy at least appear to be localized.

Apart from that though, I didn’t find anything else, perhaps they’ll be updating them all soon. Not sure.

As an added note, I actually didn’t know about LoopBuddy until now and as a site developer tool, it’s really incredible.

Cheers,

David

• Abaloo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey thanks again for your great reply. I am loving the support and responses on here. I think I’ll suggest localisation on their forums. I bought a Dev licence with them on all of their Plugins, essentially to get unlimited sites usage for BackupBuddy which is awesome. Have you used that?

Re Loop Buddy, I was reading about that a couple days ago. Would like your advice actually, you obviously being way more experienced than me. I’ve obviously spent the time learning the loop and getting to know it. Plugins like this seem to be dangerous shortcuts, and there’s always the worry that there’ll be conflicts once you start leaving everything to plugins. Do you think it looks like it is genuinely safe and useful? Obviously I’m just after your opinio and won’t hold you to anything LOL :smiley:

I’m particularly worried about using it on client sites.

Thanks again,

Ab

• Andy
    • New Recruit

I’m not getting text changer to work Although… it does, then reverts back to the old text once I preview or load the site. I’ve changed the Howdy and a plugin name, it works but then reverts back. Annoying – any help with this? Thanks.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @andy, I hope you’re well today!

This thread is more than 3 years old…

Many of the people involved in this thread are no longer active members in these forums and there’s no reason for them to get notifications for issues like that.

Could you please create a new thread in these forums instead of posting here?

I’ll be closing this thread to future comments to avoid this in the future.

Thank you,

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.