Not working

Just tried out Appointments and found it was not suited for restaurant table reservation.
Installed Events and it won't display any events on the archive or single page.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @hiddendepth,

I wouldn't recommend either of these plugins for restaurant reservations. With events I suppose you can create an event with a limited number of tickets available and then repeat those events daily/weekly as needed, but that's not what it's intended to do.

We are working on a Bookings plugin to handle the property rental and reservations industries. It will definitely be more suited to what you're looking to do.

That being said, if the events or archive pages aren't working on the site I'd recommend going to Settings>Permalinks and resaving the options here. Sometimes when new plugins/themes are activated these can get mixed up and resaving solves the issue.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• hiddendepth
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Mason,

I will try that and get back to you.

Any ETA on the Bookings plugin?
    I'd much rather use that instead of learning and building a site round the current plugin only to have to start over again when the Bookings plugin is released.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

No ETA that we'd let ya hold us to unfortunately. Weeks not months though. It's been in active development for awhile already. There's so much to cover with regards to online schedules, events, and rsvps. We had to break it up into 3 plugins to meet everyone's needs.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.