Not working – yet we must go live this Monday.

Hi,

I’m getting very nervous.

Everything worked in sandbox mode.

It took over 2+ weeks to get an APP ID from paypal,

Now that we have it, the plugin isn’t working in Live mode.

Here’s where you can see it “loop” and fail:

http://dev.clutchmonkey.com/wp1/freeway-flyer/

You click on the radio button to chose the fund level, you click “Fund this Project” enter the address, and then come right back to clicking the radio button again.

I’ve tried using the default 2014 wordpress theme with no plugins other than the Fundraising plugin and the WPMU dashboard plugin.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Hope you're doing well today!

I just checked your install /wp1 (site you selected for this ticket)

and it looks like you haven't filled in the PayPal API credentials yet, only the App ID. I've attached a screenshot. Is this something you just removed? Can you re-add them in and see if it resolves the issue :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back Peter!

All the best,

Tyler

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Peter!

I see you’re also working with a different team on this issue here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/we-have-a-live-app-id-but-the-checkout-process-goes-in-a-loop

I’m able to get an error message: There was a problem connecting with the paypal gateway. (CODE)580029 One of the required parameters for subscription is missing

But I’m not getting redirected or caught in a loop.

First thing: Everything on your site is set up correctly, as best I can tell.

Second thing: Have you double checked all your settings within PayPal to make sure it’s all entered correctly? And, to confirm, you’ve got either a premiere or business account with PayPal, correct?

This issue can occur when there’s a whitespace before or after the paypal app information you paste into the payment settings, but Jack ruled that out in your other thread.

Let’s try one more thing. Copy the app information from those three fields to a plain text editor, like notepad, then copy and paste from notepad to your settings in your WordPress dashboard, just to be triple sure there are no extra (hidden) characters attached.

Let me know how this goes, and we can dig further.

• Peter van Gorder
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

How to test:

1) Go here

http://clutchmonkey.com/back-it/test/

2) Click to enable the “$2 (limited 10 of 10 left)” radio button.

3) Click “Fund this Project”

4) Enter your address and click “Complete Pledge”

5) you will now be at a page asking you to choose an amount again.

This is the “loop” part – you’ll keep coming back here.

Here’s what we’ve done to check and double check our work:

We’ve checked all IDs, Sigs, usernames, and passwords (I copy them to a text doc, turn it into plain text, then use that to paste into the fields, and then I use the arrow keys to doubly make sure there are no extra spaces or non-printable chars),

We changed DNS to now be operating on the live url (same server, different URL, the old one was dev.clutchmonkey.com, now we’re using clutchmonkey.com),

I’ve created various new “fundraisers” with different parameters (some asking for an address, some not, some with the “Panel position” above and some below, allowing manual payments and also tried not allowing manual payments,

I’ve tried turning off all other plugins and also using the default wordpress 2014 Theme,

What else should I be trying?

We never get to a paypal page, so I’m not even sure that it’s even related to paypal – but perhaps they are sending an error code before the user is forwarded and that’s what causes the plugin to “loop” and ask for a payment type again?

Please advise as we purchased this plugin almost a month ago and we’ve now invest a lot of development time trying to work with paypal and get everything working.

Question: Is it possible that there’s a particular “setting” related to our APP ID that paypal might not have “set” for all this to work?

Hoping to go live ASAP!

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.