Nothing happens when I click "improve browser cache"

One of my low performance scores as suggested by Hummingbird was to Improve Browser Cach. The suggestion that follows is that Hummingbird is the quickest and easyiest way to fix this. When I click the improve button, I don't see anything happening. I don't see any improvement results.
I have no clue as to how to do this manually in the Header!
Please explain why the Improve button isn't working, or outline a process for me to do the improvements manually.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Vernon,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Hummingbird should add .htaccess rules for the caching if you're using Apache on your server, there are some times where the server itself has some predefined caching values and doesn't allow these changes to be applied via .htaccess.

I would like to have a closer look at this if you could grant us support access to your site.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this thread once access is granted.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Vernon,

Thank you for granting access to the site. I checked the site and I see that browser caching is already enabled there:

The performance score given my Hummingbird is also pretty impressive (90! which is really nice).

I do see that PageSpeed Insights tool is reporting that "browser cache should be used" but that's a bit different here. If you use their "show me how to fix it" option you'll notice that there are 4 resources reported there and they all are links to external (in fact Google's) sources. I honestly say that I'm not sure why they keep reporting their own resources while there's no way to turn any compression or caching headers/rules for the resources that you do not have any control over. That's something that should be considered "false alarm". There's no resources reported coming from your site directly and that's working fine on your server currently.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.