Nothing happens when I purchase a course

I don't see any sort of confirmation that I'm enrolled in the course once my order is complete, and when I click on the product title of that course on the order confirmation page, it still doesn't give me access to the course. I'm also not receiving any of the student registration emails that include any info about my account, so as far as I know I don't even have an account to login with. And when I switch to an admin role, I don't see any students enrolled in the course. I'm just getting the emails for a new order. But it's like nothing is connected between the product and the course itself. Please help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Matt,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I accessed your site and checked its settings and at first look all looks good there. That being said, can you tell me please:

- does this only happen if a client selects "Continue as a Guest" during checkout or also if a client logs in to an account and purchases the course as a logged in user? If it's only for "guest" users than please make sure that login is required to make a purchase as otherwise plugin is not able to make a "connection" between buyer-student-course but if it happens also for logged in users, it would be something that I'd need to investigate further

- can I temporarily switch your PayPal gateway to my sandbox (testing) PayPal account to be order to test the issue on your site?

Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Matt

Hi Adam,

Yes, it's only happening if a customer selects "Continue as a Guest" because Force Login is "(Not recommended: Enabling this can lower conversions)" and worse, there's no option for them to register at checkout anyway, so they hit a wall. Attached is what our customers see when we force them to login: there's no place to register, even though it says "Login/Register".

So I guess the question now is, how do we either add a registration box to this checkout page, so people can create an account and login during the process of checkout without having to go somewhere else? OR how do we trigger a "Complete your student registration" type of email after they buy a course, that asked them to choose a password? It's really important to us that students are automatically registered once they purchase a course, and we were under the impression this was included in the plugin when we purchased a membership.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.