Nothing work! for me any more.

sorry but i have now tried for a nearly a month to make a multisite with "the blog template" plugin and every time i think i have succeed with the setup some other problem come up.

i don't even know how to star explaining because i solve one problem with support and the next problem occur.

1. i want to make store that is in a different languages and shows global products from other sub-sites, that is it.

ok what have i done:

i have translated marketpress with .mo and .po successfully.
i have made "New Blog Template" on a sub-site default successfully.
i have made 833 categoreis that get cloned to sub-sites ( i am verry worried about them as it seem to be difficult to save them)

so what is my problem just now.

1. marketpress translation is not getting cloned to sub-sites
2. product is not showing on front page of main site any more ( it worked before)

main site: http://tiny.cc/0g85k
test sub-site: http://tiny.cc/bj0y5

the things i am trying to is it possible? if yes how?

Warm regards Erik

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

i have made "New Blog Template" on a sub-site default successfully.

In your sub-site, what is the language set to in Settings > General?

2. product is not showing on front page of main site any more ( it worked before)

Do you have products in your template, or are these new products in a new sub-site?

Thanks,
    Phil

• erikjohansson
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi phil, i have now added greek also so i can choose between to lang :slight_smile: but still my biggest problem persist: product is not showing on front page of main site any more ( it worked before)

my main site: Show global products on the front
    the blog template: Show Local products

so when somebody signup for a new blog they have Local product Right? but my min site have Global Right?

if this is right is not working for me is not showing the product on my main site But it create the categorie.
    as you can see here:

main site: http://tiny.cc/0g85k
    test sub-site: http://tiny.cc/bj0y5

Phil is it possible for you to help me to setup a "the blog template"?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya erikjohansson,

Two suggestions:
    1. Make sure you have "Show global or just that main shop products on the front?" set to global under Appearance>Theme Options
    2. Do not use the main site as a template with New Blog Templates. Create a sub-site and use that for your template.

Thanks!

• erikjohansson

another day :slight_frown: i dont know what to do please help me.

i have removed the New blog template in blog template plugin and sign up for new multisite and added a product still cant see any products.

i need a solloution please advice!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Basically, when the products are created by the New Blog Templates plugin the theme isn't able to pick up on them properly, hence why they don't appear on the main site.

We're working on this but for the moment you may want to remove the products from your template as they won't be picked up by the main site.

Phil

• erikjohansson

Hi Phil,

you say you are working on this, that means is not wrong the way i have setup the system?
    i have removed everything blog templates sub-sites, everything and also setup everything again and again, i have done this for 2days now and i am losing my hair. (oh i have allredy lost it)

pleas just tell me is not me, could i get an answer before tomorow?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I recommended removing/disabling New Blog Templates in order to reduce the complexity and (hopefully) track down why this is not working for you.

I thought the original reason for using New Blog Templates was for creating categories - not posts. If there is an issue with GridMarket not picking up products created through New Blog Template we'll look into it, but we can address that after we've confirmed that the basic MarketPress setup works.

So, let's make sure we have a multisite install and that MarketPress is network activated (no other plugins - even leave the default twentyeleven theme activated on sites. Then create a few test products.

Now, on the main site create a new post/page and test this shortcode: [mp_list_global_products]

Does this work? If so, we know the setup for marketress is correct and can move on to activating Gridmarket on the parent site.

• Aaron
    • CTO

subsite is created by signup and the products are created by New Template plugin.

Products copied from a blog template will not be indexed in the global table. You will either need to save the product again or create a new one in the subsite to get it indexed. Also these are the most common reasons a product doesn't show up in the global list:
    - site is set to private in General -> Settings
    - product is not published status
    - product is private
    - product is password protected
    - product is missing a title or description

Make sure none of those apply.

• erikjohansson

Hi Aron thx for taking time for me :slight_smile: with your help i started to look at the privacy settings.

And i can't belive what i have been doing all this time, i am so stupid :slight_frown:

When i signup for new sub-site i choosed NO: Privacy: Allow my site to appear in search engines like Google, Technorati, and in public listings around this network.

that why is was not showing.

and the below things is no where to be found:

- site is set to private in General -> Settings
    - product is not published status
    - product is private
    - product is password protected
    - product is missing a title or description

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.