Notice:bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly

Hi,
I get a
Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.)
when I activated with BP 1.7.
Can you please check it?

Thanks in advance

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@stergatu,

I think we just have a bug as a result of some changes in BuddyPress 1.7

Can you confirm what version of the plugin you're using as well as version of Wordpress? Also, do you have this network activated, or activated on a single site? I'd like to get this info so I can pass it on to our developers

I didn't get the same error as you when I tested this, but upon network activating the plugin I did get an error.

Fatal error: Class 'BP_Group_Extension' not found in [host]/wp-content/plugins/bp-group-calendar/groupcalendar/bp-group-calendar.php on line 103

• adam007
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hi,
    that's the message i'm getting:

Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /home/admin/domains/mysite.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2959

thanks,
    Adam

• Aaron
    • CTO

Hey guys, just an update.

First off this is just a notice meant for developers, doesn't mean anything practically, and you shouldn't worry about it at all. It's just a super annoying thing the BP included in 1.7 unfortunately.

Second, while it's very likely that other plugins will trigger this as well on occassion (it's way overkill that they did this), it seems the main cause in our case is in the Dashboard notice included in all of our products. You will only see this notice if you don't have our dashboard plugin installed and activated (as is required).

Being as the code is included in every one of our products, even though we've fixed it in our repo it will take a good deal of time to roll out to all of our products as updates are released for them. So easiest answer is dont' worry about the notice while in debug mode, and install our dashboard plugin as required to get rid of it for good.

• cry1978
    • The Incredible Code Injector

it is still there and no update to correct it

Deprecated Call Alternative Count Last Used
    Select All Deprecated Call Alternative Count Last Used
    Select Incorrect Use of bp_setup_current_user()
    Incorrect Use of bp_setup_current_user()
    The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init().
    This message was added in version 1.7.

I am using all the current versions of wordpress and all your plugins

• Trish
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have the message too, it showed up after I turned debug on to find out why my gravity form was returning user registrations with 'Only lowercase letters (a-z) and numbers are allowed.'

I'd also correct you @Aaron, 'You will only see this notice if you don't have our dashboard plugin installed and activated (as is required).' it DOES show up even with the dashboard installed!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.