Notification Email for new questions per category?

I want to assign different users as experts for different categories. So everytime a new question is posted in (and only in) this category, the expert user will get a notification email. Also I think most users would be glad if they could (de)activate their subscription to each category themselves, maybe in their profiles.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Fee,

You are absolutely correct that this is strange - I was looking at the upper right corner which had the default graphic and not paying attention to the tag which is certainly my bad.

However, it is still strange that it is not showing in the top right as it is supposed to.

On to your issue/request.

I have seen this extremely similar if not identical request in the recent past and I believe it is in the feature requests though I am not able to find it at this moment to refer to.

I do know that this will take a significant amount of coding to make this a reality making this certainly not a quick hack situation.

However, before I go and stick foot in mouth I am going to consult/refer to the lead developer of Q&A to find out if in fact this is on his feature request list for possibly a future release and see if he has any other input to offer on any part of this subject.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.