notification of successful PayPal payment

I'm using Membership plugin and PayPal.

I'm creating a script to automatically add the purchaser's email and name to an Aweber email list upon successful completion of a PayPal transaction,

My question for you:

Is there a hook I can use to receive notification of a completed PayPal transaction?

Cheers,
Amy

• AmyBrucker

Unfortunately, the ping system will not work with Aweber. Their system is far more complex than MailChimp's and requires a complicated API or a parser.

The parser is much simpler to set up, but in order for this to work with Membership I need a way to add a 3rd party email address to each subscription level. This way, when someone pays for a subscription to subscription plan X, a notification email is sent to the third party email, which is mylistname@aweber.com. This triggers the parser which sets everything in motion.

WP is set up to send a notification email to myemail@gmail.com.

But, if I change the default admin email to the mylistname@aweber.com email, all of my email notifications will be sent to my aweber email list. This includes comment authors, who I do not want added to my membership system.

Since Membership premium does not have a way to automatically add a 3rd party email, is there a place in the code where I can add a 3rd party email for each subscription level?

I hope this makes sense (!). If not, let me know and I'll try to clarity.

Thanks!
    Amy

• Timothy Bowers

Ahh...

yeah the ping builds up a query string to connect into an API.

So from your response then, aweber requires you to mail them.

As you know our plugin does not support that. To do it you would want to code in some dynamic fields to take the email address per level/subscription. Then have the system mail out.

Its possible but really something outta the scope of support here I'm afraid. You would need to either look into coding it yourself or hiring a developer.

I wouldn't have it hardcoded (the email addresses to subscription levels) though as you need to tie it into subscription level.

Do aweber only accept emails and no other way to get into their API?

Sorry we cannot help further there.

• AmyBrucker

Aweber has an API system, but it's pretty hard core compared to MailChimp's. I have an advanced programmer looking at it right now, but he's even having a tough time figuring out how to get Aweber to connect to Membership.

Almost all other membership software systems have a 3rd party email field directly installed in their subscription level backend/dashboard for this exact reason. Perhaps it's something you guys can add in a future release.

• Timothy Bowers

Almost all other membership software systems have a 3rd party email field directly installed in their subscription level backend/dashboard for this exact reason. Perhaps it's something you guys can add in a future release.

Sure it is something we can consider.

As you know we develop based on demand and practicality. Well the latter is here.

So I'll move this to the feature request forum and lets see if we can get some other people wanting this. If the demand is high then we will surely consider it for future development. Of course I cannot offer any promises at this moment.

I will also ping the developer for feedback as he may well have more experience with aweber than myself.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.