Notifications & Confirmations

How do you notify service providers of pending appointments?
Is there a front end method to confirm appointments?
Thanks

• christopher_hill

I voted the reply unhelpful as it wasn't an answer. I'm used to stackoverflow up n down to select the best answer. It appears its different here as it votes all of your replies down. My apologies for that.

I wouldn't have thought you'd actually have been offended or perturbed from your commitment to help by something as trivial as a rating system. One that is built in as a feedback mechanism on the site!

Well, ratings and such trivialities aside, I would feedback on whether such features exist in the Appointments+ plugin. If not I can write my own code that jumps inside yours, but, obviously, this is prone to destruction if you make any updates to your plugin.

Kind regards
    Chris

• aecnu

Greetings Chris,

Thank you for that and understood that it is a bit different here for us regarding these helpful things and basically even to the extent that it is not regarding our post so much as it is us - i.e. the support staff themselves being helpful or not ~or~ at least trying.

I wouldn't have thought you'd actually have been offended or perturbed from your commitment to help by something as trivial as a rating system. One that is built in as a feedback mechanism on the site!

It was not built in or there when I first started here and though not related to you of course for the most part I consider the source and do not care most of the time. (But I did care this time because your communication is levels above most of the sources ... lol)

I am against this "helpful" system all together unless there is the off set of being able to rate the member as well :slight_smile: which indeed my direct inline Boss says was fair but no implementation has yet developed.

On to the issues at hand regarding the plugin itself.

We seem to get the email saying an appointment has been confirmed, but require an alert to be sent to the service provider. This alert email would notify them of the need to confirm the email.

This email notification is not being sent but all others are.

That is why I asked about completely configuring the plugin and doing a test run do you find to the contrary? I would guesstimate that about 70% of the tickets and problems people face here is because they have not completely configured the plugin (not specific to this plugin but most of them and especially membership) is why I asked the question. We are indeed remote and folks sitting right in front of it cannot figure it out and they all too often expect us to be psychic or something to see that they have not configured something - the only choice is to ask questions if the information has not been provided - therefore my original inquiry.

Also, I cannot seem to find a function for front end confirmation of appointments for service providers.

I do not think there is one on the front end which would indeed make this a feature request.

But before putting my foot in my mouth further and perhaps missed something ... lol I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

How do you notify service providers of pending appointments?

Pending appointments are sent to admin if "Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required" is set as yes and also to service provider "if Allow Service Provider Confirm Own Appointments" setting is set as Yes.

Is there a front end method to confirm appointments?

In regular WP installations all user settings are done on the admin side. In BuddyPress, though, settings are done on the front end. Appointments+ follows these rules. It means, front end settings (form sending) is only possible in BuddyPress.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.