Notifications for WPMUDEV Plugins

Hey All, Happy Friday!

Today I noticed the notification about "Ultimate Branding" being updated, yay.
I'm talking about the little red dot that is appearing every now and then on the bell-icon left to our gravatar in the uper right corner here :wink:

In the past I have clicked on this notification, hoping I would learn more about the update. But instead, it always redirects me to The Hub. Why?

Being notified about your updates a nice indeed. Following the changelog of your plugins helps me to test new features and complement documentation for my clients whenever it is necessary and beneficial for them. Since I'm automating updates (not using Automate at the moment but another service instead) it's really important to update my docs asap.

At the current state of "using" WPMUDEV notifications, we will be forwarded to The Hub. But if I wished to go to The Hub I would simply use the menu-item "The Hub" next left to the bell-icon! So I need to click the "Plugins", click search + type plugin-name or scroll down until I have found it, search for the "Changelog"-Link and then - finally - I will get all the information I would be interested in from the moment of being notified.

Here's my request: Please bring us to the plugins changelog directly after clicking on the plugins notification instead uf bringing us to The Hub :slight_smile:

Oh I have another one: Please provide a date-stamp in your plugins changelog. This would help us to complement our docs in case we have missed any of the previous updates.

I wonder about how others think about this?

Thank you and have a nice day,
Sascha

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Sascha,

Hope you're doing well and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

Update notification redirects to the HUB so you can perform the update right away, there are not many members that check for the changelog first and is more important for them to have the latest version installed.

And about checking the changelog, you can actually do that directly from the HUB now, there's no need to go to the plugin page.
    When you're at the My Websites section simply expand the site that shows available updates and next to the plugin that has an available update you will see changelog link as well :slight_smile:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

P.S. Since this question is about services I have moved it to our support forum under Hub section.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I can get behind this, so the process could be:

https://monosnap.com/file/1wW4XErDc5pXWpAgR3dyFKuKpUrsJR

Click --> Go Hub --> Show modal automatically

In the modal, we currently have this when updating manually in each site from the Hub:

https://monosnap.com/file/bOVWOFzBbynkXMcMeTRNs9UCEj3MsA

So it would be a case of loading that, but maybe listing all sites with update button when you click on the notficiation link.

We're doing a massive redesign in the near future for the Hub. I'm gonna bring this up with the design team, would make a much nicer flow.

Cheers.

• sushling
      • The Bug Hunter

Hi, thank you.

Update notification redirects to the HUB so you can perform the update right away, there are not many members that check for the changelog first and is more important for them to have the latest version installed.

I know, but just left to the bell-icon we can see the link to The Hub already, no need to get there via plugin-update-notifications …

And about checking the changelog, you can actually do that directly from the HUB now, there's no need to go to the plugin page.

I also know about his feature, but this is even more cumbersome compared to the steps I have illustrated above.

P.S. Since this question is about services I have moved it to our support forum under Hub section.

Oopsy, sorry, was not aware, because I wanted to ask the omunity about their opinion and maybe even a vote for this.

Cheers,
      Sascha

• sushling
    • The Bug Hunter

Sorry guys, I misplaced my last reply …

I'm all good with The Hub and it's new capabilities to be released soon.

Still I'd like to see the changelog immediately after clicking on the plugin-update-notification, be it as a modal or redirection to the plugins-page.

Kind regards,
    Sascha

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.