Now I am using hostgator for web hosting. After I installed

Now I am using hostgator for web hosting and running this with multisite.
After I installed Membership plugin, I received message from hostgator(refer the file I attached) and all of my sites have been gone, I can't access my sites anymore. I have installed this twice and at the second installation, I did it with only WPMU dev dashboard and membership plugin but result was same.

Let me know what I should do to fix this.

• aristath

Hello again @phil and a happy new year!

Hostgator forces extremely low limits to system resources and that's probably what triggered their response as the plugin caused your site to consume more resources than their limited hosting allows.

You can get your sites back by deleting the Membership plugin from your FTP and contacting them again so that they re-open your account.
    Once they do you should be able to try using a different plugin like for example our Protected Content plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/protected-content/

Please keep in mind though that if simply activating the membership plugin triggered a response like that from them, then you probably won't be able to do any serious work on their hosting 'cause their resource limits are set extremely low!
    You may want to consider switching to something that allows you to have some real resources on your site.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• phil

Hello Ari

Basically, I don't understand this.
    Could you check below email received from hostgator?
    They said their limitation is "more than 25% f a systme's CPU".
    Membership plugin needs such a big resource?

---> HostGator's Email
    Hello,

This message is to advise you of a temporary block placed on your database. The database associated with the script in "/home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin" was found to be consuming an inordinate amount of processor time, to the point of degrading overall system performance. While we do limit each account to no more than 25% of a system's CPU in our terms of service, we do not actively disable accounts until they greatly exceed that number, which is what happened in this case.

Resolving this situation may be as simple as adding additional indexes to your database, optimizing the queries used, or something equally easy. If not, it may simply be a matter of moving this database to dedicated services, as it may have outgrown a shared environment.

If you believe you have a solution to this overuse, we are happy to discuss the situation with you and possibly reinstate the database on the server. Otherwise, we will be happy to assist you with the upgrade process if a dedicated server is the most appropriate solution. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you shortly.

~
    Excessive MySQL activity is caused by (a) a long-running process that locks a table, causing other queries to back up, (b) a query that is not optimized ][example: select all from ... and involving a large or complex query], (c) huge table copies/maintenance during peak hours.

NOTE:, the following are just possible fixes or suggestions, and are not endorsed or supported by HostGator. They are included in the hope that they may apply to your situation, and/or help you reduce the amount of resources your SQL queries consume. As always, it's best to backup any data before making any changes or adjustments.

First and foremost, you may need to optimize your tables. The frequency depends on the size and usage of the database, but most databases would benefit from doing something like this on a yearly basis: a) Enter your phpMyAdmin/MySQL control panel. Click on the database (not the table, the database name), and on the right hand column your tables should be listed. Scroll down till you see the .Check all. link. Click on that link, make sure all database tables are checked and then from the drop-down next to it, and carefully select .Optimize table..

Additionally, adding indexes to your table(s) may improve performance. If you're not sure what you're doing, it's best not to modify any table; caution is recommended. There are various articles (http://www.developer.com/print.php/3667831). It may be best to Google for something like [Your Software Name] MySQL indexes for suggestions.

If you reply back to this with your IP address (http://www.hostgator.com/ip) we will be more than happy to go ahead enable HTTP access for you, so that you can safely work on the script without it causing further issues. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Below were the active processes, MySQL queries, and incoming site requests at the time of suspension:
    Running Processes:
    cczeemoa 1529 0.0 0.1 371060 75404 ? SN 16:06 0:00 /usr/bin/php /home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
    cczeemoa 3434 0.0 0.1 369648 73104 ? SN 15:47 0:00 /usr/bin/php /home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin/index.php
    cczeemoa 3693 0.0 0.1 370748 75356 ? SN 16:06 0:00 /usr/bin/php /home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
    cczeemoa 12187 0.0 0.1 369648 74460 ? SN 16:08 0:00 /usr/bin/php /home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin/index.php
    cczeemoa 19007 0.0 0.1 369648 74272 ? SN 15:52 0:00 /usr/bin/php /home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin/index.php
    cczeemoa 19744 0.0 0.1 369452 73952 ? SN 15:52 0:00 /usr/bin/php /home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin/profile.php
    cczeemoa 22489 0.0 0.1 369648 74472 ? SN 15:53 0:00 /usr/bin/php /home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin/index.php
    cczeemoa 24653 0.0 0.1 369648 74464 ? SN 16:03 0:00 /usr/bin/php /home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin/index.php
    cczeemoa 28863 1.1 0.1 369648 74460 ? SN 16:24 0:00 /usr/bin/php /home3/cczeemoa/public_html/wp-admin/index.php

Running Queries:
    *************************** 1. row ***************************
    USER: cczeemoa_wrdp1
    DB: cczeemoa_wrdp1
    STATE: checking permissions
    TIME: 90
    COMMAND: Query
    INFO: SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
    WHERE table_name = 'wp_27_m_subscriptions_levels' and column_name= 'level_period_unit' LIMIT 1
    *************************** 2. row ***************************
    TIME: 135
    WHERE table_name = 'wp_27_m_coupons' and column_name= 'coupon_apply_to' LIMIT 1
    *************************** 3. row ***************************
    TIME: 184
    WHERE table_name = 'wp_27_m_communications' and column_name= 'sub_id' LIMIT 1
    *************************** 4. row ***************************
    TIME: 134
    WHERE table_name = 'wp_27_m_subscriptions' and column_name= 'sub_pricetext' LIMIT 1
    *************************** 5. row ***************************
    TIME: 157
    INFO: SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
    WHERE table_name = 'wp_27_subscription_transaction' and column_name='id' LIMIT 1
    *************************** 6. row ***************************
    TIME: 135
    WHERE table_name = 'wp_27_m_coupons' and column_name= 'coupon_apply_to' LIMIT 1
    *************************** 7. row ***************************
    TIME: 156
    WHERE table_name = 'wp_26_subscriptions_levels' and column_name='id' LIMIT 1
    *************************** 8. row ***************************
    TIME: 159
    WHERE table_name = 'wp_27_subscriptions' and column_name='id' LIMIT 1
    *************************** 9. row ***************************
    TIME: 158
    WHERE table_name = 'wp_26_subscriptions_levels' and column_name='id' LIMIT 1

Open connections

Current Site Requests:
    123.255.16.147 _wildcard_.mobileparts.co.nz /wp-admin/
    123.255.16.147 _wildcard_.mobileparts.co.nz /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
    123.255.16.147 _wildcard_.mobileparts.co.nz /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
    123.255.16.147 _wildcard_.mobileparts.co.nz /wp-admin/profile.php
    123.255.16.147 mobileparts.co.nz /wp-login.php
    192.185.17.122 mobileparts.co.nz /wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1420151047.36060905456542968750
    192.185.17.122 mobileparts.co.nz /wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1420151047.37513303756713867187
    --------------

Best Regards,

Jordan A.
    Linux Systems Administrator || Server Monitoring
    HostGator.com LLC
    http://support.hostgator.com

• aristath

Hello again @phil,

Shared hosting works like this:
    The host get a physical webserver and installs in it software that allows them to create hundreds of accounts in them in order to make some profit, with each account getting part of the system's resources. I've seen webhosts squeeze thouzands of accounts in a single webserver, and though I don't know what hostgator does, judging from their prices ($3.96/month) it's highly unlikely that they do something different.

Did you do as advised in the previous post and delete the Membership plugin? That should get you your site back...
    Then you'll be able to use our Protected Content plugin.

Also how did you install WordPress? Was it manually, or using an automated installer script from your cPanel? I've seen lots of issues arise when these installers are used.

Please advise,
    Ari.

• robert

I would love to hear some recommendations for hosting, not just WP sites but a solution with cpanel like HostGator offers. I am having the same issue and would love to see a solution, I was testing it first on a demo site as a client of mine wanted to see what we could do with something like this and now I can't even use the plugin. Soon we will be getting a VPS but now I don't know if I want to use HG or what. I would really appreciate anyone's input, thank you.

• Patrick

Hey there @robert

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

You'll find tons of useful information about popular WordPress hosts on our blog by searching for the term "host" as seen here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/?s=host

Any post dealing with hosting also has the "hosting" tag and can be found here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/tag/hosting/

You may be especially interested in a comprehensive review series we did a while back of some of the most popular hosts:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/web-hosting-review-so-just-who-is-the-best/

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.