Now seeing this for the second time. User has to clear

Now seeing this for the second time. User has to clear cookies before a sub-site using domain mapping can be seen.

Tested the same site in two browsers:
* one where the site admin was used
* one where the site admin was NOT used

Site loads fine when site admin was NOT used, but not the other way around. When using a browser previously using for accessing the dashboard, the site spins in constant redirect loops, finally resulting in an error page and this URL:

website.com/?__domainmap_action=domainmap-authorize-user&auth=cre8r|1458975924|GuveUWZITuNAhOxdJAaH56pAcC4wUbJ9CSHd42PjKnk|2355e3a0352a862aaca8fe456b1b3c4bbf0253ff1e30c4043c38af854607e4c1

Clearing the browser cookies restores access.

Maybe this ticket should be moved to Bug Reports? Have seen it happen before and its a bit of waste of time explaining to clients why it happens, so I hope it can be addressed. Thanks!

• Sajid

Hi @peter_harris,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my own website. The mapped site is loading just fine for me, even if I am logged in as administrator or view the site as a visitor.

Could you please grant support staff access so I can take a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Panos

Hello @peter_harris,
    Hope you are having a nice weekend!

I also wasn't able to reproduce this issue. It is possible to be some plugin conflict causing this. It would be very helpful to run a plugin conflict test and find out if it is one of the rest of the plugins or a combination of some of them behind this behaviour.

You also mention that this is random so it doesn't happen all the time. This fact makes it even harder for the developers to find a solution on a problem they kind reproduce.

In order to get to the bottom of this we need to work together :slight_smile: Could you please provide some more details about your installation? Which theme(s) are you using, any other plugins or any customizations? Hopefully with your help we'll be able to find the cause.

In case you do not want to share this information on a public forum you could grant us support access so we can have a look or ask us to make this a private thread, so only you and the staff members have access.

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.