Number of posts displaying on a blog page

On my site's page http://tpn.wpengine.com/blog/
there are only 4 posts displaying at once on the page. I would like to have more than this. In Settings > Reading, I have the option of setting the maximum amount of posts per blog page, but I don't see an option for setting the minimum amount of posts per blog page to display. I would like a minimum of 12 posts to display on my blog page.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @lgpw

I hope you are well today.

WordPress doesn't have a minimum setting, just a maximum one, what do you have the maximum setting to and how many posts do you have? So if you enter 12 in that box and have 12 posts then 12 should show on 1 page, if you have 14 for example and your theme supports pagination then it should be spread over two pages.

I hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• lgpw
    • Flash Drive

My maximum is set to 20 in the hope that it would increase my minimum display of 4, but it didn't work. THe page displays only 4 posts at a time no matter what. I have 50 posts in total to display. So, right now the user has to go through 11 pages to see all the posts :slight_frown:. I'd love to have a solution to this. It doesn't look like my theme (OneCommunity) supports pagination. Is this pagination functionality a plugin?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @lgpw

I hope you are well today. Sorry for the delay on this I missed your last response.

I'm afraid I've never used the One Community theme myself, but it appears that it is only set to display 4 posts per page, and it only have previous entries link on the blog page, pagination wise you could try the Page navi plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-pagenavi/faq/

Take a look in your index.php of your theme, if you could paste that on pastebin I'll take a look for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.