Number of posts included in a Subscribe by Email message...

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way to limit the number of posts included in a single Subscribe by Email message. I've searched high and low and have found Q&A's about the subscribers, but what I'm looking for is a little different.

I would like to be able to limit the number of posts (titles) included in the daily digest to just 3 or 5 or so. I see that, at the moment, all the new additions for the previous 24 hours are being sent. Is this how it's supposed to be?

If so, is there a way for me to limit the number? Perhaps I'm just missing it, so if this feature is already available, could you please kindly point me in the right direction? :slight_smile:

--Mari

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Mari,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I'm afraid that SBE doesn't have an option to select number of posts to be included in email, it does sound like an interesting feature so I will move this thread to our features and feedback section so our developers can consider adding such option in future updates.

We could try hardcoding this in the plugin file, you can try downloading attached file, unzip it and place it inside your wp-content/plugins/subscribe-by-email/inc/helpers/ folder, just make a backup of original file first.

On line 305 of that file you can see below code that I added and that should limit number of posts to 5
    'posts_per_page' => 5
    If it works you can change the number of posts there.

Please note that these changes will be reverted by plugin update so it will need to be applied again if the option to select number of posts is not added in release.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mari

Just a short update on the above...

This solution seemed to have worked with the test message, but it's not working with the actual message that was sent out - all 17 new titles were included.

So... I'm hoping a solution will be presented in an update soon, but in the meantime, I guess I'll have to use another plugin. I'd love to come back to this one, though, because of it's simplicity - it's super easy to use - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :slight_smile:

--Mari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.