Obfuscation on custom home page

I have a link to a file which works obfuscated:

http://www.justinlong.org/subscriber-downloads

For non members it points to /media/ which returns a no-access error.

However, I am unsure how to link to the file from a custom home page using the Thesis theme, it doesn't get obfuscated. (The link on the current page, http://www.justinlong.org, points to the /media/ page so that the real link doesn't get out there.)

Obviously the custom home page somehow isnt being processed so that the obfuscation is accomplished. Any way to have this done automatically? I will have a lot of links on that page eventually and really don't want to do it manually one by one using if…thens to check for user login.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi justindlong,

I’m not quite sure of how Thesis works though if the obfuscation isn’t working on the page, something’s got to be unusual as this works as it should through Twenty Eleven among other themes.

I’ve asked the developer to have a look at this to see what might be needed in this case.

Thanks,

David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

p.s. I’ve also tagged Barry here in case you do reopen this, as they’ll definitely be able to help you!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Thanks for lettings us know. This one’s already flagged for Barry, but he’s out until next week. We’ll leave this one open for now.

I will say that it’s difficult to judge what the issue is when dealing with a theme like Thesis which dramatically departs from standard WordPress functions. My hunch is that a normal WordPress theme (such as the default twentyeleven) would function correctly.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi justindlong,

Apologies for the delay here, but I just wanted to check on something as I’m not quite sure how the obfuscation could not be occurring.

This custom home page you mentioned, how is that created? Is it a page template of some sort?

Or is it some Thesis-specific way of handling particular pages? If so, I’m afraid we really wouldn’t be able to do anything about that, as that would be something Thesis would have to account for.

I’m not sure about that though as I don’t use Thesis myself, but any clarification you could provide on that would help us figure that out.

Thanks,

David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.