October Calendar has missing appointment days

Have a problem that requires immediate attention. For some reason Class schedule (agelessyoga4u.com/classregistration/) is not showing a class for October 1st, nor October 29th. October 11th is an exception. Any clues? I would have posted it, but this problem is an immediate concern, as no one can book a class for those dates. Your help is appreciated!

• Alexander

Hi @Ronald,

After looking at your screenshot, I don't see why this would be happening. Would you mind allowing us to login to your site to take a look? It would be easier to figure things out this way. If this is ok, just send info through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Alexander Rohmann"
    - Include a link back to this thread
    - Include any relevant login information (Wordpress admin credentials)

Thanks!

• Ronald

Thanks to PC this is what has been discovered. When 1 person books a class, it disappears as an active date from the calendar. I have deleted the one appointment for each date in question except for Friday. There is still one person signed-up for the class, and no one else can see or book the class. The class has a capacity of 7 participants. Hopefully, this will shed a light on this problem. It is happening in both the Gentle and Hatha Mixed Level classes.

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

You state:-

The class has a capacity of 7 participants.

Can you please screenpost the following tabs:-

'Services'
    'Service providers'

The reason I ask is because A+ only allows one appointment per Service to be made against each Service Provider so if you want the capability to book a single Service 7 times then you would need to create 1 x 'real' Service Provider' and 6 x 'dummy' Service Providers.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

To confirm, the capacity setting relates to the number of appointments that can be made for a Service on the same date/time and to achieve this you need to match the number with the same number of Service providers be them real or dummies.

There may be a way solution by adding some bespoke coding to the functions.php file but I've never managed to get this to work so have always used the 'dummy' option. However you can only assign 'dummy' Service Providers to one 'real' Service Provider.

Both screenshots are the same and relate to the list of Service Providers
    Could you please attach the screenshot of your 'Services' page.

Reviewing the 'Service Providers' screenshot you have three 'Service providers' and two of them have the 'dummy' checkbox ticked (Gentle Yoga and Hatha Mixed Level) .

Could you confirm if you have assigned the 'real' (Beverly Weinstein) in the 'Assign dummy service providers to' field in the 'General' tab?

Regards
    SteveB

• Ronald

Any update here? My last three requested screen shots have not been uploaded for review. I'm hopeful that we can resolve my issues. It seems that information is requested from me, I furnish it, some of it downloaded (screenshots), some not and another day passes by. I provided Alexander Rohmann my login info and password two days ago, yet I was asked for information that could have been obtained from that information. I am trying to get this aspect of my business up and running and it is not happening as of yet. I need to know whether or not I need to move on. I've got about three weeks into this plugin trying to get it to work. Thanks

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

Sorry for the delay but I'm just a forum member, like you, and I don't have access to the information that @Alexander Rohmann would have being a member of staff and having your site log-in details.

I've checked your screenshots and based on your settings then if you assigned your 'real' Service Provider and 2 x 'dummy' Service Providers to each Service then the maximum number of simultaneous appointments for each Service on the same Date/Time would be three (3)

To achieve this you would need to set the Capacity value of each Service to '0'.
    Then assign all the 3 x Service Providers to each Service

Could you please try this to confirm it allows you to book a Service three (3) times for the same Date/Time.

Regards
    SteveB

• Ronald

Steve B.

I do appreciate your contributions, just wondering where the support team is on this issue. First of all, I inquired about this product for yoga classes and was informed that you could have multiple attendee or appointments for the same time for the same service. Then I found out that I need to create "dummys" in order to make this happen. Now, of course, it does not work, because as soon as one appointment is booked, the class becomes unavailable. I tried what you suggested, though 3 does not cut it for signing up. There exists only one real provider anyway. The problem is that each dummy provider (gentle yoga & hatha) have different working hours. When I do as you suggested, all of the working hours over lap each other. Like I indicated, your support is appreciated, though someone really needs to address this issues because after three weeks of working on this project, I have run out of time, patience and it is effecting my business ability. I am amazed. I should have told that it cannot do what I needed it to do and I would have moved on to find something else.

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I can confirm that creating 'dummy' Service providers will allow you to book Multiple appointments for the same Service for the same Date/Time.

However to achieve this the Working Hours for the 'real' and 'dummy' Service Providers have to be the same.

Also to confirm you can only assign 'dummy' Service providers to one 'real' Service Provider.

If you still wish to progress with A+ could you provide me with the following information and I'll do my best to guide you through the setup.

How many Services are you offering?
    How many Multiple appointments do you want to make for the same Date/Time for each Service?
    How many 'real' Service Providers do you have?
    The working hours for the 'real' Service Providers including nay Break times?

Regards
    SteveB

• Alexander

Hi @Ronald,

Alexander, not sure if you are in the midst of tooling around my site, but now Froday, October 4th is no longer visible!

I was about to say I didn't have login credentials. But I actually found them just now. We haven't logged into your site yet though. Somehow your email with login credentials got mixed up with another email you sent in replying to a post notification, so it never reached my inbox. I'm sorry about the delay here.

Best regards,

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald,

Many thanks for the feedback.

Based on this could you please try the following:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as admin
    Select User in the left hand menu
    Then create 7 x Wordpress user profiles with one to be used as the 'real' Service Providers' the other six (6) for the 'dummy' Service Providers.
    I'm assuming you already have 3 x Wordpress users setup with (Beverly Weinstein) as the 'real' Service Provider and you already have 2 x 'dummy' Service Providers created.
    If this is the case then you only need to create 4 x new users

Then Select A+ Settings
    Then Select the 'Services' tab and confirm you have the 2 x Services set up.
    If so change the capacity field to '0' for both Services
    Then Save
    Then Select the 'Service Providers' tab
    Create the 7 x Service Providers - Again if you already have 3 x Service Providers created then you only need to create four more.
    Tick the 'dummy' checkbox in all EXCEPT for the 'real' Service Provider
    Assign all the Service Providers to the 2 x Services.
    Then Save
    Then Select the 'Working Hours' tab and set the Working Hours for ALL the Service Providers the same as per your screenpost for (Beverly Weinstein)
    Then Select the 'no specific provider' from the dropdown and ensure all the 'Work?' field are set to 'No'
    Then Save

Could you then try making a number of appointment for one of the Services for the same Date/Time and confirm you can make Multiple appointments.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Ronald

Steve. Thanks for your suggestion. Here is the problem that I think will be an issue. Please tell me if I am incorrect.

1) I am attempting to avoid having the client select a specific provider (since there is only one); meaning from a drop down list. Hence, I was instructed to have the "dummy" providers named as the actual class name. (see screenshot)

2) If I had the ability (which I do not know if WP users will allow) to have multiple dummys with the same name, then the drop down list for services will have each class (dummy) listed three times, or 7 if I continued this experiment to fit my needs.

3) The last experiment with each dummy teaching both class types, led to the calendar having everything listed all the time (no matter which drop down class you selected), making you think that on T,F,S & Sun each type of class was available.

Am I thinking correctly or not? Thanks!

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald,

I'm hoping a have a solution for you and would appreciate if you could try the following:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Select A+ Settings
    Select 'Working Hours' tab
    Select 'no specific provider' from the dropdown
    Set the working hours to the same as the 'real' Service Provider
    Then Save
    Then Select 'General' tab
    Scroll down to the 'Additional css Rules' field and enter on a new line, retaining any existing code:-

.app_workers {display: none;}

Then Save
    This will 'hide' the Service Provider dropdown select field and will 'force' the 'no specific provider' option when a Service is selected.

However depending on how you set up your email message in the 'General' tab you may have to revise.

e.g. In the 'Confirmation email Message' field if you have a message similar to:-

"Many thanks for booking an appointment with SERVICE_PROVIDER for the SERVICE lesson"

This would display the Service Provider selected.
    As you are 'forcing' the 'no specific provider' option then this would add 'Our Staff' in respect to the 'no specific provider' so I would suggest you would be best to revise your email message to something like:-

"Many thanks for booking an appointment with Beverly Weinstein for the SERVICE lesson"

Please let me know if this works.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

To confirm:-

You require 7 x Service Providers in total (1 x 'real' and 6 x 'dummy')

If I'm correct you already have created:-
    1 x 'real' Service Provider Beverly Weinstein
    And you have 2 x 'dummy' Service Providers

If I'm correct then you only need to create 4 x new 'dummy' Service Providers

You can call them what you want and you can make up any 'valid' type email as all emails will be sent to the 'real' Service Provider.

However could you check in your A+ 'General' tab that you have set the 'Assign dummy service providers to' field to Beverly Weinstein

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

Based on your feedback I'm assuming the Working Days/Hours are different for the two Services.

If I'm correct could you please confirm the following:-

For Service1 (Gentle Yoga) - The Working Days and Hours
    Is the Capacity = 7?

For Service2 (Hatha Mixed Level) - The Working Days and Hours
    Is the Capacity = 7?

Depending on your feedback we may need to create some more 'dummy' Service Providers with different working hours and then assign the Service Provider(s) with the relevant working hours to the relevant Service.

And unfortunately this would mean we can't use the 'no specific provider' option as to use this ALL the 'Services' have to have the same working hours.

I'll have a think about this whilst you send me the info.

Regards
    SteveB

• Ronald

Steve...here is a screen shot for testing capacity on the gentle tab. It allowed me to book 6 appointments on the 8th before no more were available.

Obviously, seeing both gentle & hatha on the same post is an issue, though as above it is only on the gentle selection for the calendar.

Another issue is: on the gentle selection, if you select a sat or sun time, it shows an extra time for Hatha (10:45). Only the 10:30 is relavent.

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

Good news - I think our posts crossed over but for info I've left my post as is.

Many thanks for the additional info.

Based on this and my last post then I would suggest the solution is to create sufficient 'dummy' Service Providers for each Service to allow appointments to be made against the working Days/Time

As you have already created 1 x 'real' Service Provider and 6 x 'dummy Service Providers could you:-

Create an additional 8 x 'dummy' Service Providers.
    So you now have 1 x 'real' Service Provider and 14 x 'dummy' Service Providers

Then Select the 'Working Hours' tab
    Then Select the 'no specific provider' from the dropdown and set the Working Days/Hours for BOTH Services: Tues, Fridays, 12:30-1:30 PM and Saturdays, Sundays, 10:30 - 11:45 AM
    Then Save

Then decide which 7 x 'dummy' Service providers will be assigned to the 'Gentle Yoga' class and set their Working Days/Time to: Tues, Fridays, 12:30-1:30 PM
    Then Save

Then select the other 7 x 'dummy' Service providers that will be assigned to the 'Hatha Mixed Level' class and set their Working Days/Time to: Saturdays, Sundays, 10:30 - 11:45 AM
    Then Save

Then Select the 'Service Providers' tab and:-

Assign the relevant 7 x 'dummy' Service Providers to the 'Gentle Yoga' class
    Assign the relevant 7 x 'dummy' Service Providers to the 'Hatha Mixed Level' class

DO NOT assign the 'real' Service Provider to either Service
    Then Save

If you can then test this should allow you to book 7 appointments for both Services for the same date/Time.

Regards
    SteveB

• Ronald

Steve, I am trying to keep this together. I'm starting to feel like the unlucky dummy #13. It absolutely worked for the Gentle. I am testing the Hatha now. Once this is confirmed as working, could you please revisit your comment:

And unfortunately this would mean we can't use the 'no specific provider' option as to use this ALL the 'Services' have to have the same working hours.

Lastly, not trying to rock the boat here, but why is my drop down still only showing the gentle & hatha mixed without all of the dummys? I'm hoping there is a reason and not a fluke :slight_smile:

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

Sounds as though we are nearly there.

I made this comment before I came up with a solution in my last post.
    So Good news you can still use the setup solution of the 'no specific provider'

When you state:-

Lastly, not trying to rock the boat here, but why is my drop down still only showing the gentle & hatha mixed without all of the dummys? I'm hoping there is a reason and not a fluke :slight_smile:

Could you please confirm if this relates to the 'Service Providers' dropdown or the 'Services' dropdown.

Adding the css rules should have 'hidden' your Service Provider dropdown.

Are you able to provide me with a url link to your appointment page so I can check?

Regards
    SteveB

• Ronald

http://agelessyoga4u.com/classregistration/

If you want to register to check it out, I will delete all of your appointments and your registration once you complete your assessment.

worked with the hatha classes flawlessly. I think the two of us (90% you) solved a major issue with the plug-in. I think I'm going to cry with joy! I lot of people will be helped by this. Is there a way for all of the outstanding, not resolved forum people to be informed of this solution?

I am working on a step by step review of what we did and I will post it ASAP!

• Ronald

Steve, please look this over and tell me what you think. Please provide anything that I may have gotten wrong or missed.

A+ SETTINGS - SERVICE PROVIDERS

1. You must have one legitimate service provider. They will need to be assigned a service or A+ will not save them as a provider. If you intend to have a capacity greater then one for this service at a given date/time, you will need to create dummy providers.

2. Assign a dummy provider for each individual service that allows multiple attendees (7 attendees = 7 dummy providers) ... of course this means creating 7 additional WP users.

3. If you offer multiple services, also with capacity restrictions, you would need to create additional dummy accounts for them as well. (1 service, capacity 7, then you require 7 dummys for that particular service. 2 services, capacity 7 for each, you will require 7 different dummys for each service; now you have a total of 14 dummys). (ex) I created for my gentle yoga class attendees, user names: gentledummy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & for my hatha class hathadummy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

4. Assign each dummy to the specific individual service that they will be providing

5. Place a check mark in each dummy provider

6. Note that the legitimate service provider will need to be assigned a different service that those that have capacities larger than one (create a fictitious one if need be and assign it to the legitimate service provider. If you

* Do not place a check mark in this providers dummy box

WORKING HOURS

7. Under the list for: no specific provider, you must include the days and times for all offered time slots (specific to each appointment slot that you want to be bookable)

8. Under the list for: legitimate service provider, you will need to select all of the days to "NO" if you do not want the assigned service to this provider showing up on the calendar. (Remember, you had to assign a service to this legitimate service provider in order for A+ to save them as a service provider).

If, however, this legitimate service provider offers a service for one individual and not multiple attendees, than just set the specific days/time as provided in the selection table as you would for any others.

8. Under the list for: each one of your dummys, you will need to include the days and times for all offered time slots (specific to each dummy service provider and their specific service offered.

SERVICES

9. Even though your appointment capacity for an individual service may be greater than 1, you must set the capacity number to 0 for each service offered

GENERAL

10. You must assign the dummy service providers to your legitimate service provider

11. If you are the only service provider, you will want to avoid having the drop down list on the appointment booking page from showing, because if it did, you will see all of your dummys listed as choices in addition to your legitimate service provider. In order to prevent this from appearing, you will want to add this to your Additional css Rules:

• Alexander

Hi @Ronald,

Regarding the original issue with the date exceptions, I've taken a look and I don't see any problems right now with Tuesday or Friday classes not appearing. Looks like this is working ok.

I think we might actually have a bug here when it comes to the capacities not working properly. I've seen this on another site recently - as you've mentioned we do have some open issues on the subject. I'm going to see if I can reproduce this on a test site and narrow it down.

If I may ask - regarding this solution you and Steve have been working on with the dummy providers - Is this primarily a workaround to the capacities not working as expected?

Thanks!

• Ronald

The issue with the dates not showing up when they were not exceptions was about one single appointment having been made on each of those days when the capacity was set for 7. Once that was realized, capacity bug was definitely the issue. And yes, the workaround has resolved the capacity issue, though apparently not the desired solution for its resolve.

Please keep me apprised with the "real" correction

• pxwm

Hi @Alexander Rohmann and @Ronald

If I may, my thoughts on the supposed capacity issue.

In my view this is not an issue as A+ only allows one appointment to be made for each assigned Service Provider so as per the notes in the 'Services' tab the only current Capacity options is the value of '0' or '1'.

Therefore if you have the capacity value set to '0' and 1 x Service Provider assigned to the Service then only one appointment can be made for this Service for any given Date/Time.

If 2 x Service Providers are assigned to the Service then 2 x appointments can be made against the Service for any given Date/Time etc.

The only issue I can see is that maybe the explanation in the Services tab notes are confusing and could be made clearer.

I would support a feature enhancement to enable the Capacity setting to control the number of appointments that can be made against a singularly assigned Service Provider but would suggest this needs to be a selectable option as I would suggest there are many live appointment sites that are currently working with 'dummy' Service Providers being assigned.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald,

As per your earlier post:-

I see that :slight_frown: This is the issue. What is a workaround? This is what I discovered:

The one legitimate service provider must be assigned a service or A+ will not save them as a provider.

Solutions?

Another option would be to delete one of the 'dummy' Service Providers for say the 'Gentle Yoga' class and assign your 'real' Service Provider (Beverly Weinstein) to that class so you would then have 1 x 'real' Service Provider and 6 x 'dummy' Service Providers for the 'Gentle Yoga' class and 7 x 'dummy' Service Providers assigned to the other class.

Then set the working hours for the 'real' Service provider' to: Tues, Fridays, 12:30-1:30 PM

I'm now going to read through you post with the 10 points and try and answer them in sequence.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald,

My thoughts on your 10 point statement:-

1. Okay
    2. In your example this could also be 1 x 'real' Service Provider and 6 x 'dummy' Service Providers.
    3. I would suggest this is only true if the available times for the Services are different. If they match exactly then you could assign the same number of 'dummy' Service Providers to both Services.
    4. Okay.
    5. Suggest you state tick the 'dummy' checkbox
    6. The 'real' Service provider can be assigned to one or more of the Services that require Multiple appointments as per my recent post.
    7. You only need to do this if you would prefer that the end user can make an appointment without having to select a Service Provider
    8. Suggest you state that the Working Hours for each 'dummy; Service Provider needs to match the available Date/Time slots for the Service they are assigned.
    9. Okay
    10 Okay
    11 Okay

If you are going to publish would be nice if I was attributed to the solution :slight_smile:

I hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Ronald

The real issue is that it is not a plug-in designed for classes or multiple attendees to the same appointment/class time with one provider. SteveB's solution was absolutely logical and brilliant and solved the immediate shortcoming.

Obviously. you can assign the legitimate service provider to a particular service and eliminate one of the dummy providers, but now you have an issue with that one service provider's time being pigeon holed in to one service with one set of hours. You can have them with more than one service, but all of the services will show up on the calendar at the same time without distinguishing the service for a particular day.

I tried that initially with SteveB and we ran in to problems as even when you selected a service from the pulldown menu, the calendar had an overall for all the services that that provider offers that month.

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

Based on part of your latest post:-

Obviously. you can assign the legitimate service provider to a particular service and eliminate one of the dummy providers, but now you have an issue with that one service provider's time being pigeon holed in to one service with one set of hours. You can have them with more than one service, but all of the services will show up on the calendar at the same time without distinguishing the service for a particular day.

If I've understood correctly assigning the 'real' Service Provider to one of the Services and setting their working hours to the available date/time slots for that single Service and not allowing an end user to select a Service Provider as per our solution then I would suggest it shouldn't cause the problem you have stated.

You may wish to try this as per my earlier post about assigning the 'real' Service Provider to the 'Gentle Yoga' class.

My understanding A+ was designed specifically for a one on one appointment (Service Provider to Client) and I'm waiting for Events+ to be released as I understand this will be much more appropriate for booking of classes when you require the functionality to allow a number of students to book a class for a particular date/time.

In the interim I came up with the 'dummy' Service Provider solution for one of my clients which we were able to revise to resolve your problem.

In my view a good result all round

Regards
    SteveB

• Ronald

SteveB,

First of all, no slight was intended. For a moment, we had had so many correspondences, it was like an old AOL messaging conversation. I apologize because I do not wish to have the credit; just to make the solution available to others with the same/similar issue. So you deserve all of the credit for this solution. I only took 90% when I posted this (and that was because I had to create 14 dummy user accounts :slight_smile::

"I think the two of us (90% you) solved a major issue with the plug-in. I think I'm going to cry with joy! I lot of people will be helped by this. Is there a way for all of the outstanding, not resolved forum people to be informed of this solution? I am working on a step by step review of what we did and I will post it ASAP!"

Tell me how to have you receive all the points and credits, because I was totally clueless without your help.

As far as the corrections to the 11 steps are concerned, I will insert your corrections and if you want, email it to you off forum if you want. I knew that I would not get it all correct, but 5 out of 11 for a chiropractor when it comes to this type of thing is not too bad :slight_smile:

Thanks again, I really do appreciate your expertise in this. You should be on the payroll!

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald,

Many thanks for the kind words and pleased that together we came up with a solution that works for you.

No need to send me the revised steps off forum.

If you wish to 'Give me some points' as a thankyou then you can do this by clicking the 'Give Points' link to the right of my profile in my most recent post.

However please be aware if you give me some points they will be deducted from yours.

All the best with your business and enjoy A+.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald,

I've provided some screenshots and step by step instructions how to create a new Topic.

Select 'Ask a Question' link in the Community
    Then enter the question in the 'Ask a question' top field
    Then click the dropdown field 'Please choose a Topic:'
    This should then display a new dropdown field called 'Chose which site:'
    This should then display a new dropdown field called 'name of plugin'
    Then enter additional information in the field with 'okay go for it ...'
    Then once completed click submit

I hope this helps and works for you
    Regards
    SteveB

• Ronald

SteveB,

I am appending/correcting the steps for the resolve & I need to confer regarding one of your responses to my post:

If I've understood correctly assigning the 'real' Service Provider to one of the Services and setting their working hours to the available date/time slots for that single Service and not allowing an end user to select a Service Provider as per our solution then I would suggest it shouldn't cause the problem you have stated.
    You may wish to try this as per my earlier post about assigning the 'real' Service Provider to the 'Gentle Yoga' class.

If you have the 'real' provider assigned two services, let's use this example:

(service 1) Gentle Yoga - Mondays at 8:00 AM - 9 AM
    (service 2) Hatha Yoga - Mondays at 10:00 AM - 11 AM

Now we set the 'real' providers working hours to Mondays from 8-9 AM & 10-11 AM. On the calendar, regardless of what service you choose from the pulldown, it will still show 8:00 availability as well as 10:00 availability. Unless I am missing something regarding assigning a specific service to a specific time slot as well, I can';t see how it will work. Help me understand, please. Thanks!

• Ronald

SteveB,

Look this revision over please:

A+ SETTINGS - SERVICE PROVIDERS

1. You must have one legitimate ('real") service provider. They will need to be assigned a service or A+ will not save them as a

provider. If you intend to have a capacity greater then one for this service at a given date/time, you will need to create dummy

providers.

2. Assign a dummy provider for each individual service that allows multiple attendees (7 attendees = 7 dummy providers) ... of

course this means creating 7 additional WP users.

* This can also be 1 'real' Service Provider and 6 x 'dummy' Service Providers.

3. If you offer multiple services, also with capacity restrictions, you would need to create additional dummy accounts for them as

well. (1 service, capacity 7, then you require 7 dummys for that particular service. 2 services, capacity 7 for each, you will

require 7 different dummys for each service; (now you have a total of 14 dummys). (ex) I created for my gentle yoga class

attendees, user names: gentledummy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & for my hatha class hathadummy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.

* This is only true, if the available times for the Services are different. If they match exactly then you could assign the same

number of 'dummy' Service Providers to both Services.

4. Assign each dummy to the specific individual service that they will be providing

5. Place a check mark in each dummy provider (tick the 'dummy' checkbox)

6. Note that the 'real' service provider will need to be assigned a different service that those that have capacities larger than one

(create a fictitious one if need be and assign it to the legitimate service provider. The 'real' Service provider can be assigned to

one or more of the Services that require Multiple appointments

* Do not place a check mark in this providers dummy box

WORKING HOURS

7. Under the list for: no specific provider, you must include the days and times for all offered time slots (specific to each

appointment slot that you want to be bookable)

* Note: You only need to do this if you would prefer that the end user can make an appointment without having to select a

Service Provider

8. Under the list for: legitimate service provider, you will need to select all of the days to "NO" if you do not want the assigned

service to this provider showing up on the calendar. (Remember, you had to assign a service to this legitimate service provider

in order for A+ to save them as a service provider).

If, however, this legitimate service provider offers a service for one individual and not multiple attendees, than just set the

specific days/time as provided in the selection table as you would for any others.

Under the list for: each one of your dummys, you will need to include the days and times for all offered time slots (specific to

each dummy service provider and their specific service offered.

SERVICES

9. Even though your appointment capacity for an individual service may be greater than 1, you must set the capacity number to 0

for each service offered

GENERAL

10. You must assign the dummy service providers to your legitimate service provider

11. If you are the only service provider, you will want to avoid having the drop down list on the appointment booking page from

showing, because if it did, you will see all of your dummys listed as choices in addition to your legitimate service provider. In

order to prevent this from appearing, you will want to add this to your Additional css Rules:

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

Response to your clarification post:-

To confirm you can only delete a 'dummy' Service provider' from one of the 'Services' and assign the 'real' Service Provider' otherwise as you have correctly stated assigning the 'real' Service Provider' to both Services would cause a problem.

Therefore an option in one of my earlier posts:-

Delete one of the 'dummy' Service Providers for say the 'Gentle Yoga' class and assign your 'real' Service Provider (Beverly Weinstein) to that class so you would then have 1 x 'real' Service Provider and 6 x 'dummy' Service Providers for the 'Gentle Yoga' class and 7 x 'dummy' Service Providers assigned to the other class.

Then set the 'Working Hours' for the 'real' Service provider to: (service 1) Gentle Yoga - Mondays at 8:00 AM - 9 AM

I hope that clarifies

I'll now review your steps

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Ronald

I've reviewed your steps and my thoughts:-

Steps: 1 - 5 okay
    Step 6 - Suggest this is not good practise and not required if you adopt my option in my previous post and as the statement in step 8

If, however, this legitimate service provider offers a service for one individual and not multiple attendees, than just set the specific days/time as provided in the selection table as you would for any others.

Step 7 - okay

Step 8 - If you agree with my comments in Step 6 then you don't need to state:-

Under the list for: legitimate service provider, you will need to select all of the days to "NO" if you do not want the assigned service to this provider showing up on the calendar. (Remember, you had to assign a service to this legitimate service provider in order for A+ to save them as a service provider).

Steps@ 9 - 10 okay

Step 11 - Suggest you need to include the caveat that 'hiding' the 'Service Provider' dropdown in the appointment page will mean that when an appointment is made is will NOT show a 'Service Provider' name in the confirmation form and in the backend it will assign the 'Service provider' as 'Our Staff'.

Please Note1: I think I said in an earlier post that you will have to re-assign the appointment to the 'real' Service provider.
    Could you please check if this is the case because re-considering as there is only one 'real' 'Service Provider' it may correctly block out the time and if it does then you may not have to re-assign the appointment.

Please Note2: You may also wish to check if it sends 'Our Staff' in the Confirmation/Reminder emails if you have the email set to send the 'Service Provider' name.

Regards
    Steve

• Alexander

Hi @Ronald,

On the capacity issue, I've done some digging here, and found that this capacity can be modified with some custom code. The reason it doesn't work as expected is because it's only meant to allow for more users if there are available service providers.

However, hidden away in the FAQ tab of the plugin, there's a custom code snippet that the original developer included to override this. I think it may eventually be turned into an "add-on" now that the plugin supports add-ons.

Here's the code snippet:

function increase_capacity( $capacity, $service_id, $worker_id ) {
        return 20;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_get_capacity', 'increase_capacity', 10, 3 );

Just change "20" to whatever capacity you want to set. Because we have access to the service ID here, we can do this conditionally, and change it per service. Let me know if you need help modifying the code to do this.

You can include this code in a plugin, or in your theme's functions.php

Best regards,

• pxwm

Hi @Alexander Rohmann

I've never managed to get this bespoke code to work correctly as indicated in an earlier post:-

There may be a solution by adding some bespoke coding to the functions.php file but I've never managed to get this to work so have always used the 'dummy' option. However you can only assign 'dummy' Service Providers to one 'real' Service Provider.

However I might investigate further because this would be a much neater solution than adding a number of 'dummy' Service providers and in theory this could be extended for any number of Services requiring Multiple appointments on the same Date/Time.

Regards
    SteveB

• Alexander

Hi @Ronald,

Haven't heard from you in a bit here. Let us know if you still need anything. We're in touch over email as well.

@pxwm,

I've done some more research into this code snippet. The code above is more of a workaround than anything. At it's core, appointments+ can only handle one reservation per service provider. This code changes this, but I've found that it only works if you're working with a single service provider.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.