Odd message above Pages about using mapped domain

I am using 4.4.1.0 of Domain Mapping and I have a multisite. On the subsites that have a domain name mapped to them, I have a error class message at the top of the page where you edit the Page that says:

"Use the mapped domain to access the admin area. Find out here how to setup it" w/ a link to the domain mapping page.

I tried an exact in-depth text search of the Domain Mapping plugin files and of Wordpress 4.3.1 files and I cannot find where that phrase is!

I'm trying to get rid of that phrase that shows up. The domain mapping settings are set to use the original domains on purpose... So this error message should not be there or apply... Using the mapped domain will break my sites ssl abilities.

Any help as to where to find this or how to get rid of this is much appreciated! Thanks!

• Carmelo

I did and same issue. Attempting to log into the subsite with a domain name redirects as it should to the original subsite name according to the settings.

I feel that this is a bug as the error message should never show if "original domain" is selected for login mapping and admin mapping. When I disable the Domain Mapping plugin, this error messages away, so it's this plugin that makes this issue show.

I'm willing to take out the code that says this error message too for now until it's fixed, but I just can't find where this error code is written!

• Milan

Hello @Carmelo,

I hope you are having a good day.

I am afraid I am not able to find any entry in our plugin which renders that error message. I've talked to plugin developer about this, they told me that this can be issue if you've used other Domain Mapping plugin prior to our Domain mapping plugin. If you've used any other domain mapping plugin before they may be chances that its data traces may have still stored in your db.

If you don't have used any other Domain mapping plugin before or if you dont know how you can clear your db would you please send us your ftp, wp-admin credentials through our secure contact form
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then we can debug the issue further :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Carmelo

I have used another domain mapping plugin, but have uninstalled it. I even tried to get it to say the same thing with that plugin but it never showed the error messages. That error phrase is not contained within that plugin's code either. Settings in the other one should not also have brought up that message. But it's now uninstalled (but was never really used prior). Note, I started noticing this issue very recently...

I have no FTP service install (on purpose), but is the support option in wpmudev dashboard enough access for you?

• Milan

Hello @Carmelo,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

I think our developer @Sam can assist you better further on this. I am flagging him for providing you further assistance.

But before @Sam can assist you further he requires access to your database. Would you be able to send me database access credentials to me as described in my previous post via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ ?

Just include database credentials along with wp admin login details. Dear member our devs are pretty sure that this issue is not caused by our plugin Domain Mapping. Please provide us requested credentials, so that our valuable developer can start assisting you further. And only support access is not enough to assist you further in this case.

Looking forward to hearing you back. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.