Offer customized WPMU DEV themes for members

I want to provide pro themes for members, someone registers, and they are provided with the default theme...it looks good but not great...but what i want to offer is great looking themes if they upgrade i'm trying to figure out the best way to create the "great" looking themes maybe like 3 to start.

What's my best method to create the "great" themes? and resell them via pro sites?

Do i use themes from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/ as my "base" theme(s)?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Howdy Austin

While you can create standard themes and offer those to members, the real juicy drag and drop upfront themes ( the ones you linked to ) don't support this at the moment. We have a builder project coming up that will let you do this with ease.

Its against company policy to give out ETAs but I can say its expected real soon.

Cheers
    Jude

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Austin, Michael here. :slight_smile:

To clarify what Jude was referring to, with normal themes, you can create a child theme, customize that to your liking, and could then offer it as a premium theme as part of a Pro Site level.

Making a customized copy of an Upfront theme would be something that our upcoming Upfront Builder is designed to handle.

In the meantime, though, you could offer the Upfront themes that we have as premium themes, but it would mean that you would get the default layout/style for each theme, rather than a customized version.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.