Offer File Downloads for Registered Members

Hello,

I'm using a number of plugins to manage my website http://egypreneur.com that includes UserPro to create user profiles, BuddyPress for Groups and Membership+ to manage subscription.

I want to be able to offer Downloads section to my members and as I navigate through plugins available on WPMU I couldn't find a plugin that's built exactly for the purpose of File Management.

I'm deciding to use: https://wordpress.org/plugins/download-manager/ and wondering if you might have a better suggestion on the combination of plugins that I have installed.

What I need:

* Friendly File Management Interface for Downloadable Files
* Specifying the User Role and Membership level allowed to Download
* Having a Download counter with friendly interface to users
* Sending Download link via Email as signup is completed
* File downloads will be used to get people to signup and upgrade membership

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @abdelrahman_magdy,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Your setup is quite specific and I don't have much experience with such installations but I'll my best to help out here :slight_smile:

* Friendly File Management Interface for Downloadable Files

Download Manager you mentioned above looks like good tool that's frequently updated so you should be good with that.

* Specifying the User Role and Membership level allowed to Download

With our Membership 2 Pro plugin you can enable Media Protection add-on that will allow you to protect file access to desired membership.

* Having a Download counter with friendly interface to users

Looking at the Download Manager plugin features it looks like counter is already included there.

* Sending Download link via Email as signup is completed

With M2 Pro each membership can have custom message set after subscribing so you can use that to include download link.

* File downloads will be used to get people to signup and upgrade membership

Could you please elaborate this part a bit since I'm not sure I understand what are you looking to accomplish?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• abdelrahman_magdy

Thanks for confirming my thoughts with going for Wordpress Download Manager, I'll be working out all details and come back for questions when needed.

I meant by using downloads to generate signups and membership upgrade, the simple fact that restricting access to download for that level will force users to create an account or upgrade membership to download. So, nothing beyond restricting access was needed to get this done.

Thanks a lot

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.