Offer free download people that sign up to website

Hi

I have a question about something that I’m not sure of.

I have a WordPress support website and I want to list 3-4 plugins of WPMUDEV and offer free download people that sign up to website , I have a list of about 5k WordPress users and I want to put under this list of plugin a recommendation to sign up to your service to porches more plugin.

Is that something that is allowed with the license I have?

Thanks
Thanks
Sam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sam!

As a member of our community you're fully entitled to use our plugins on your or your customer's sites as well as make them available for use/activation for users of your Multiste Network(s).

There's a list of our free plugins available here:
    https://profiles.wordpress.org/wpmudev/#content-plugins

You can make any use you wish of these plugins, as long as you're following wp.org rules and plugin's licences (which are always indicated in headers of main plugin files).

As for all other our plugins and themesavailable for download for the members of our community (meaning plugins that you do install via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin or download from our premium.wpmudev.org website).

These plugins are made available to the subscribers (members of our community) so feel free to link to them directly but please do not make them available for direct download from your site.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sam!

You can register up to 1000 domains with your account and that we do not check whether these domains belong to you or your customers. There is however an important notice: WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin requires you to login with your WPMU DEV Account login and password and this you're not allowed to share with anybody (including us - the WPMU DEV staff members!).

Therefore, this would create a security issue and potential abuse situation. However, in case your customers do NOT have full admin right and are not able to access your FTP/Database it's not an issue here.

Also, in case of MultiSite network, that's not an issue as you can centrally manage plugins as a super-admin. Furthermore, you can then even use our Pro Sites and/or Pretty Plugins plugin to charge your customers for the use of our plugins on their sub-sites of your MultiSite network. Actually, that's a very popular business mode here :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Sam

But if I add wpmudev to my members (it’s not multi-site) then they will all be connect under my name and crate tickets under my account and will be able to see each other website info, so it seems like a bad idea.

One last question…
    I can publish and article about WPMUDE and its plugin and write that if people join our services they can ask us to install any of wpmudev plugins, correct ?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Sam!

I think it would be better if I put it this way: you shouldn't re-distribute our plugins in any way. You're free to use them on sites regardless whether these are your sites or your customers as long as you're "in control" of those. The three most common examples:

- your own sites (personal or business, etc)
    - MultiSite networks that you manage/own
    - multiple single sites as long as those are under your "management"

Now, the issue here is that as you hold an account at WPMU DEV you're the only one who is entitled to all updates and support we are providing. Once the site goes "out of your management" plugins (unless their new manager/owner signs up for WPMU DEV account) may not be updated and will not be eligible for support here.

That said, the general rule is: use according to your needs (practically no restrictions here) but do not re-distribute. I think this is then up to your consideration whether your plans fall under that :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.