Offering Services & Digital Products

I have a few initial questions about MarketPress. Please understand at the outset that I'm a technophobe, have never installed WP, etc. (Get the picture?), nor do I intend to use or install the plugin myself (someone else will do that-lucky soul).
Here goes:
1. We're using a magazine-style theme for our site and WishList Member to manage content. I'd like to have WP MarketPress integrate into our framework rather than the other way around. So when it comes to presenting a consistent look to our customers/visitors, how do I ensure that MarketPress incorporates the same look as the rest of the site? I mean I don't want to have to install a theme into MarketPress, when we already have a theme. Perhaps you could give me a non-technical explanation as to how we do this?
2. We are going to be selling services to our customers (mostly services-I'll get to other products below). Each service will have several options-i.e. Level 1, 2, 3 etc., each with its own price. Can the customer select a particular Level from the Service description page (i.e. Product description page), to be added to the shopping cart? For example, suppose we are offering a keyword research service. Level 1 is 5 Keywords at $50, Level 2 is 10 Keywords for $90 and Level 3 is 20 Keywords for $150. Can we set it up so that on the this services description page, the customer can choose one of these options to add to the cart? Now what if I added a Level 4 which is Each extra 10 Keywords for $50. First can we ensure that the customer can choose both level 3 and level 4? Next, can we ensure that if the customer makes a mistake and chooses Level 2 and 4 that they must be corrected and can only choose level 4 with Level 3? Can we have the option of the customer specifying how many of Level 4 they want (i.e. they want 3 of the Level 4 options-3 of the 10 keyword packages, for a total of 30 beyond the 25 that they get with Level 3)? Once they are on the checkout page, can they change the quantity of Level 4 initially ordered from 3 to 5 or 2? If they are on the checkout page and remove Level 3 (which is the qualifying level in order to buy more at Level 4), will the Level 4 be removed as well (in other words they don't get the volume price until they've bought the minimum to get that volume price)?
3. Sorry about this one, it may sound awfully stupid and simpleton level to you, but I'm just trying to understand. Is there anything else I need besides a payment gateway, like "Authorize.net," to get paid. In other words between MarketPress & Authorize.net am I fully covering the ordering and payment process? Or do I still need a checkout system too, like ClickBank?
4. Once payment is complete can I redirect the customer to anywhere I want to? Or, can I provide within MarketPress a Receipt page, for example, that has links on it for each of the services the customer ordered?
5. Can MarketPress easily handle services that have recurring billing (monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly) and is it MarketPress that notifies Authorize.net that a particular service has recurring payments? Does MarketPress then issue the follow-up invoices so that Authize.net does the billing? If not, how does recurring billing work in MarketPress?
I'm certain I'll have more questions, but this is a good start.
Thank you so much for your help and patience.
Larry.

• aecnu

Greetings Larry,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for these great questions and significant items to bring up.

At the onset of this very first question I see where this is going and it is certainly contrary to what we do here as explained by my Boss here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gravity-forms-and-marketpress#post-243682

Or as told by the WPMU Lead Developer here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/export-order-details#post-194890

With those items understood I shall go forward with doing my job and answering the applicable questions.

So when it comes to presenting a consistent look to our customers/visitors, how do I ensure that MarketPress incorporates the same look as the rest of the site?

By using the provided short codes within Market Press.

Perhaps you could give me a non-technical explanation as to how we do this?

I already did in the previous answer.

Can we set it up so that on the this services description page, the customer can choose one of these options to add to the cart?

Yes.

will the Level 4 be removed as well (in other words they don't get the volume price until they've bought the minimum to get that volume price)?

Nope. Market Press does not have this capability at this time though it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

In other words between MarketPress & Authorize.net am I fully covering the ordering and payment process?

Authorize.net is one of the available gateways as well as many others.

Once payment is complete can I redirect the customer to anywhere I want to? Or, can I provide within MarketPress a Receipt page, for example, that has links on it for each of the services the customer ordered?

This is dependent upon the chosen gateways and configurations thereof.

Can MarketPress easily handle services that have recurring billing (monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly) and is it MarketPress that notifies Authorize.net that a particular service has recurring payments? Does MarketPress then issue the follow-up invoices so that Authize.net does the billing?

These great questions I will see if our lead developer @Aaron has the answer to it since I do not have any idea how this works with Authorize.net

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron

MarketPress is geared toward selling physical or downloadable products. Not services or any kind of subscription or payment plan support.

Normally our Membership plugin is used for selling content type products, where subscriptions, levels, and content protection are features.

We also have the Pro sites plugin, which is designed to facilitate selling websites and upgraded features for them in a multisite install.

Those are the main options we have available here, not sure that any would work out of the box for what you are describing though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.