Offering Students Landing Pages (Virtual Resumes)

I am attempting to use my WordPress Multisite to allow individuals (mainly students) to create themselves a single landing page and a blog (make this as easy as possible for them). I only want them allotted a preset template, one user and one page (not including the blog page) and the ability to use this free Resume Builder plugin that I found. Eventually, I would like to offer the users a custom URL using the Domain Mapping plugin and even offer them the ability to upgrade to a larger package to be able to add more pages. I want to limit the amount of settings that the users have access to and make the interface look direct and straight forward at the same time. The more I go in an tweak things the more issues I run into, so I'm just about ready to give up. Also, I am not too sure about how to combine the plugins correctly to achieve what it is that I am attempting to achieve.

I have utilized a few WPMU plugins (WPMU Dashboard, Ultimate Branding, Pro Sites, New Blog Templates, Easy Blogging) to try to accomplish this task along with my WordPress experience but it seems I'm fighting an uphill battle. Can anyone please provide me with any type of guidance?

The site is called LightPage, currently it's being hosted in a temporary location. http://multisite.kenneththomas.com

• Rupok

Hi Kenneth Thomas,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. Let's try to make it work.

You said you are using you are using WPMU Dashboard, Ultimate Branding, Pro Sites, New Blog Templates & Easy Blogging so I think, you are in the right direction. If you didn't start and asked for suggestion, I'd suggest you to use Pro Sites for paid sub-sites and New Blog Templates plugin so you can create a blog template with a specific theme with specific page (the resume page). And you can integrate New Blog Template with Pro Sites easily so your users will get option to select blog template when signing up for a pro site. I think this should go without any issue.

But you also said "The more I go in an tweak things the more issues I run into". Can you please describe in details about what tweaks you have made and what issues you are facing? We can guide you better if we are clear about what has been done already, what tweaks are made and what specific issues you are having.

Please send us as much details as you can. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.