Offset from Text not working

If I select offset “left” of “text”….the floating social doesn’t offset and when I scroll down the page, the floating social moves off the bottom of the page.

If I select offset “left” of “page”, absolutely no problems, works perfectly.

I have setup a blog that uses offset “left” of “text” so you can see what I mean here:

http://ivn.us/blog-template/2012/07/03/example/

Also, attached is a screenshot of the Floating Social settings page.

Thank you.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I matched the settings on my test install to those in your photo and found that everything worked as correctly.

I noticed you had Manual box placement enabled, so the position of the box would also be determined by where you’ve placed the embed code in your template.

Can you let me know where this is located within the code? Things seem to be working as expected on your link right now as well.

Thanks!

• ivn
    • The Crimson Coder

The sharebox is insert right after the .post-content. Doesn’t seem to matter where I place this, same result.

It’s almost as if the top css value is adding pixels and the absolute is not switching to fixed.

FYI…It works on my main site because I have switched it to page offset.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

It’s tricky tell just looking at the code output, but it appears your site has several scripting conflicts caused by something called “SAM 1.6.54 scripts”. Could you try disabling the plugin that’s loading that? They all seem to be related to google ad services.

If you’re familiar with firebug, load it up in your browser and then check the console tab to see the errors and dive a bit deeper. Once we get rid of those we should start to see consistent, correct behavior with Floating Social.

Thanks!

• ivn
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for looking into this Mason. So I found the problem, its not the SAM scripts its actually the Custom Google Search plugin.

If I comment out the following lines in file “custom-google-search.php”:

Line 97: //wp_enqueue_script( ‘jquery’ );

Line 98: //wp_enqueue_script( ‘jquery-ui-dialog’ );

Everything works fine. Any reason for this? Not sure this is how you enqueue jquery in a clean manner is it?

Thanks again.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ivn,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.