"Oh no, we can't find your pledge"

Ok, so I have set up the Fundraising plugin on a site; however, I am getting the "Oh No, we can't find your Pledge. Sometimes it take a few moments for your Pledge to be logged. You can try refreshing this page" error after I submit. I have looked through other posts on this site and have found little help.

This error is occurring in both live and sandbox mode. There is no issues with apostrophes in the name (as one user had) and is happening in both Chrome and Safari (as one user was having a chrome issue). Any help that can be offered?

• aecnu

Greetings jared_owen,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Fundraising plugin

Not relative to the sandbox mode since the sandbox has proven to be erratic at best by both the WPMU DEV lead developer and myself, there is no sense in torturing ourselves.

With that said, we should concentrate on the Fundraising plugin and PayPal settings.

Regarding the Fundraising plugin settings, are you using the regular fundraising or crowd funding?

Regarding PayPal, do you have the PayPal IPN settings enabled and a URL of some kind present within?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings jared_owen,

Thank you for letting us know that you believe you have all the PayPal settings input correctly and what is the URL you are using for the IPN?

On a side not, I do apologize for the delay in a response to this ticket but I want to inform you how the ticket system works so that we may possibly work more efficiently and timely together. This is not a criticism but more of an FYI copied and pasted here form another post but true just the same:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

Forward --> Please advise about the IPN URL and if you are indeed now testing "Live" mode?

And the URL to your installation?

Are you running the plugin Bad Behavior?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• jared_owen

I am now using Live Testing, but I receive the same result with both live and sandbox.

I have done the IPN URL exactly to the instructions. The exact url given in the plugin is pasted into my PayPal account.

The plugin is found at: http://www.boonechurchplant.com/donate/give/

I am not running the Bad Behavior plugin.

Thanks for your help. I hope we are able to get this figured out soon as I am ready to go live with the site soon after.

Jared

• aecnu

Greetings Jared,

Thank you for the additional input and clarification to include the URL.

It really does not matter what you put in the return IPN URL because almost all scripts including the Fundraising plugin when contacting PayPal tell it where to send the IPN.

I wanted to trace this to see if it is with of the hosts that has issues with PayPal IPN's and i was shocked when doing the reverse DNS that your site is among thousands hosted on one IP which makes me wonder if the host is directing the IPN to your site correctly:

Reverse IP Lookup Results—19,900 domains hosted on IP address 66.96.147.114
    Web Site
    cropinsurancexpert.com
    dredgelakefenton.com
    showoffgroup.com
    AND 19,897 other domains…

Does PayPal indicate the IPN was sent?

You can dig into that by checking history --> IPN which will give you the IPN history.

Please copy and paste the history related to the live test transaction so that we can see if indeed the issue is indicated within.

Please advise and in any event have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Jared,

Yes sir I do not dispute that it was sent but to where which is a little deeper into the history to see that information which also gives more detailed information for example:

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) details

Message ID0564461XXXXXXXX

Date/time created4/9/2013 18:03 EDT

Original/ResentOriginal

Latest delivery attempt date/time9/21/1985 11:50 EDT

Notification URL

HTTP response code 200

Delivery statusSent

No. of retries0

Transaction ID4GV40078XXXXXXXX

IPN Message if any?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• jared_owen

Joe, here is the details of the last two attempts:

Message ID
    71U62993JH419224E
    Date/time created
    4/4/2013 06:11 PDT
    Original/Resent
    Original
    Latest delivery attempt date/time
    3/31/1985 10:26 PST
    Notification URL
    HTTP response code
    What's this?
    Delivery status
    Sent
    No. of retries
    Transaction ID
    86W22859MN482705K
    IPN type
    Other transaction made
    IPN Message: (Blank)

Message ID
    2HG61931B14861438
    Date/time created
    4/2/2013 22:06 PDT
    Original/Resent
    Original
    Latest delivery attempt date/time
    4/2/2013 22:06 PDT
    Notification URL
    http://www.boonechurchplant.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=wdf-ipn-return-paypal
    HTTP response code
    What's this?
    Delivery status
    Sent
    No. of retries
    Transaction ID
    5W9617947H034212F
    IPN type
    Transaction made
    IPN Message: transaction_subject=1096||29831f1b08ab&payment_date=22:06:21 Apr 02, 2013 PDT&txn_type=web_accept&last_name=Owen&residence_country=US&item_name=Give&payment_gross=0.50&mc_currency=USD&business=jared (at) boonechurchplant.com&payment_type=instant&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&verify_sign=AUVQFbcxXr34lURCvFdRWBirTmSPAoM6DzYgXDOLUbO841qrAJiYkp-I&payer_status=verified&tax=0.00&payer_email=jrod29@gmail.com&txn_id=5W9617947H034212F&quantity=0&receiver_email=jared (at) boonechurchplant.com&first_name=Jared&payer_id=FYQ4KTDUGABH2&receiver_id=9NY7MAFM8MGDJ&item_number=29831f1b08ab&payment_status=Completed&payment_fee=0.31&mc_fee=0.31&mc_gross=0.50&custom=1096||29831f1b08ab&charset=windows-1252&notify_version=3.7&ipn_track_id=7d55805a6e8c6

• aecnu

Greetings Jared,

Great stuff there and thank you for that!

I took the liberty in your last post to obfuscate the email address a little to help prevent the spam bots from picking it up.

I visited the page once again and found a couple of errors as shown in my screen shot below using Firefox or Chrome control+shift+J, however I do not know for sure if they are consequential to this issue here.

It is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.