Ok guys. Depending

Ok guys. Depending on this will be the pivoting point between you and woocommerce. I would rather stay with marketpress for this client though. Here is the deal...

They have currently v2.9 and 3+ has changed stuff around and upgrading hasnt been as easy as installing it. My problem is that in the < 3.0 Store settings page in the presentation tab, you could specify Store URL Slugs. Well the store base is fine but when you get to products list, this is where it jumps the shark.... In the < 3.0 version the products list is specified as /store/natural-stone-veneer In the 3+ version I CANT specify /store/natural-stone-veneer. natural-stone-veneer is NOT a page it is a list of the product categories of which there are 90+ so I cant recreate that page in marketpress and therefore can upgrade the version of marketpress so I am at a major crossroads here. I really need some assistance here BIG TIME. Thanks.

Walt

• Lindeni Mahlalela
    • Recruit

Hello Walt Dombrowski

I hope you are doing great today, I am sorry that you are facing this issue with the latest upgrade. Please consider the screenshot below.

Please install MarketPress 3+ on a testing site and do the following. Go to "Pages > Add New" type in the page name as "Natural Stone Veneer" then make sure the permalink is 'natural-stone-veneer', then in the "Page Attributes" meta box, choose "Store" as the parent, then in the "Store Page Settings" choose "Products List". Finally "Publish" your page and then verify if it does serve your purpose or not.

Visit this newly created page and see if you can use it as in the current setup of your client's website. Please let us know how that goes and we will always be happy to help in any way possible.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela
    • Recruit

Hello Walt,

I hope you are doing great today. I am really sorry for the delayed response from our side, things have been very hectic on our side.

Would you please grant support access to your admin so I can have a closer look at your settings as I am not sure how to direct you at this point. I will look into your settings and adjust where needed and I will let you know what I have done. You can enable support access by following this guide.

Please let me know once you have done that.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Walt Dombrowski

I was trying to disable some plugins and then it logged me out. Would you please activate the plugins again? And then, please send me ftp and admin login so that I can work on the issue.

You can send me privately in the following format:
    1. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    2. Select "I have a different question"
    3. In subject line put "Attn-Ash" (this will ensure that the email is assigned to me)
    4. Provide the wanted details.
    5. Add the thread link in the message so that I can track.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Walt Dombrowski
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ash,

I sent the information via the form you requested. Got a response back from Tim who said he assigned it to you. Please let me know that you received the information or if you need me to send it again.

The client is REALLY REALLY REALLY getting impatient on this and I gotta get some resolution ASAP.

Thanks,
    Walt Dombrowski

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

Thanks for sending the information. Unfortunately, the admin login didn't work but luckily support access worked. So I created a temp admin login, you can delete the user for now.

Then I went ahead and did an extensive testing. What I can see is, it works with the default theme. Your theme is very old and uses lots of deprecated functions. Besides, you have some MP specific files in the theme that use some removed functions, that means, the functions are not available in current version of marketpress. I can see some of those functions in the header-mp-product.php file, mp-cart.php file, functions.php file and some other files too. You need to remove those functions or replace with the currently available functions to make it work.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Walt Dombrowski
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ash,
    Is that something easy to do or something you can do. Like I said this is a testing server, we arent messing with the live site. I know they are not considering changing the theme so that is a non-option. Also would you recommend just staying with 2.8.8 ? Is there a substantial risk with that because here are my only options....
    1) Stay with 2.8.8
    2) Try to fix this (but Im not sure what to remove and where to find it)
    3) Switch to woocommerce

Those are my only options. So please let me know so I can address the options with my client.

Thanks,
    Walt Dombrowski

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Walt Dombrowski

This won't be easy I am afraid, you have lots of customizations in your theme. Neither we do any custom job, sorry :slight_frown:

Among your options, #3 is the toughest as you have to reconfigure almost everything, it will like creating your store almost from the scratch.

#1 is the option if you can't go with #2, but still, as you are updating your WordPress, so it might be after a couple of versions later, MP functions may not work or some used function might be deprecated. We always recommend using the latest version of the plugin.

So, IMO #2 is the better option. I would suggest hiring a developer to proceed with this if you want to and you are not familiar with PHP.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Walt Dombrowski
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ash,
    Well I am the developer and this theme wasnt mine, so personally I would either keep things as easy or replace with woocommerce. Because Im not sure I would get all the functions and stuff out and it would probably be faster to install woocommerce and import things then go searching.

I am checking with the client and will do whichever they want. Also if possible, please don't close this until I get back to you regarding their decision.

Thanks,
    Walt

• tristajensen
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I just went through this Walt. I don't use the cart.. but my permalinks were messed up because of version 3 and I received a snippet of code to apply to my functions.php and it worked... Only took me 3 years to upgrade... my site was a disaster and it took a lot of time to get it half way to where it was... still missing some css styles because it doesn't translate.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.