Ok I am having a issue trying to setup the booking page.

Ok I am having a issue trying to setup the booking page. What I would like to have the page do is display accordingly.
Location (select your location)
Once they select a location it then brings up a provider list and that list defaults to No preference. (Do you have a preferred provider?)
They then select their preferred service
Monthly calendar showing available times and dates for the service
Confirm their appointment
View current scheduled appointments.
Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey @JCornia, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

In regards to setting up an appointment page like this:

Location (select your location)
    Once they select a location it then brings up a provider list and that list defaults to No preference. (Do you have a preferred provider?)
    They then select their preferred service
    Monthly calendar showing available times and dates for the service
    Confirm their appointment

Here's a template I came up with for you:

http://pastebin.com/CMHu2U1i

Regarding this aspect of your setup:

View current scheduled appointments.

There's the "My Appointments" section at the top of the page, is that what you had in mind? Or did you have a different idea?

Please advise,
    Michael

• JCornia

This is close to what I had in mind. Ideally what I am trying to get to happen is that when they select a location it then automatically shows the people who work at that location and they select the person. I would like the default for an individual to be no preference and then it just books based on who is available for the location pulling from the resources.
    When it shows the provider It would then automatically show the available services. If they select no preference all services are available as an option. If they select an individual it shows only the services they provide.
    They can see the calendar the whole time they are doing this and it updates accordingly as they make selections based on availability but if they haven't selected a individual it gives them full availability based on the resources.
    Once they have made selections then they can confirm the appt.

Here is the flow idea

Initial display
    Select location (location selection required) -------- Services (service selection required) --------- Availability (based on previous selections) ------- Confirmation

Options given

Location selected -------- Provider(no preference is default) ---------- Services (service selection required) --------- Availability (based on previous selections) ------- Confirmation

Basically the only difference is if they choose a provider or not but I would like to continue to auto refresh rather than them making extra selections in order for it to be simplified.

I hope this makes sense.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @JCornia,

Here's a revised template that can be used:

http://pastebin.com/bLZN1vEb

However, to use it fully, you'll want to replace the following file:

/appointments/includes/addons/lib/app_worker_locations_shortcode.php

With the copy I've attached to the thread, as that'll allow you to use the "empty_option" parameter for the [app_required_provider_locations] shortcode (what'll help you users to choose a location).

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.