Ok, I have a multisite. I have subsites set up. When

Hi,

Ok, I have a multisite. I have subsites set up. When I click Login it goes to mysite.com/subsite/correct-info-to-signup-on-subsite in WP with the familiar login page we all see.

BUT, when I click under the box where it says Register there it takes me back to the main or Primary site in the network for multisite like mysite.com/wrong-info-to-signup-on-takes-me-back-to-the-Primary-site-registration.

AND, where is says Lost your password? it does the same thing…takes you back to the Primary site lost password mysite.com/wrong-info-to-to retrieve-lost-password-takes-me-back-to-the-Primary-site-lost-password

What causes that and how can I fix so it does not do this anymore?

I have the the latest WP and all plugins are updated.

I am using the WP 2014 theme on both the Primary site and subsite.

Thanks a lot!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Greg,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

That is the default behavior of WordPress Multisite.

If you want to have a per site registration, then you should look at : http://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/

The reason registrations are done on the main network site by default is that the subsite admin is first added as a subscriber on the main site and then is allowed to create a subsite on the network.

The above plugin would allow you to modify things a bit and allow new subscribers to register on the subsite itself :slight_smile:

Subsite creation would still be done on the main site.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Greg
    • The Exporter

thanks @pc

using that plugin does in also force the individual subsite to use its own independent database is well? Or, does it still use the same database as the network?

is this something that Membership would fix as well or does it have to be this separate plugin?

• Greg
    • The Exporter

@pc Hey there…could you take a look at the above post? Also, I am trying the plugin. Seems to do ok with the Register page. However, when clicking on Lost Password I notice in the url it is using the primary for the multisite (not the subsite). But, when putting in the username it still does work and send a reset email.

That being said, though, when the reset email is click (the link for resetting), it also works and resets too but the login page it send the person to is the primary site for the multisite network and they can not login at that point, the <<<back to site on the login is also to the primary as well as those Register and Lost Password links.

How can I make the Lost Password link from the very beginning use the subsite url and subsequent use the correct redirect to the right login page for the subsite after the password is reset?

:slight_smile:

Greg

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Greg,

Thanks for posting back. Seems like your last response did not get my attention.

using that plugin does in also force the individual subsite to use its own independent database is well? Or, does it still use the same database as the network?

It uses the same network database. That is how WordPress multisite works out of the box.

is this something that Membership would fix as well or does it have to be this separate plugin?

Membership can not control where the users are registered on your multisite but yeah if you are running Membership plugin on a subsite, then if the users are registering using Membership registration page, then they will be kept on the same subsite instead of taking them on the network site.

The only user who is taken to the main site is the one who registers for a site or is using WordPress default registration system :slight_smile:

How can I make the Lost Password link from the very beginning use the subsite url and subsequent use the correct redirect to the right login page for the subsite after the password is reset?

There used to be a plugin which could do that but its no longer maintained.

http://sangkrit.net/2012/08/18/how-to-allow-user-registrations-from-wordpressmu-sub-sites/

Let me see if my colleague @jack Kitterhing can shed some light and has some different ideas on how we can make that happen.

He should make his way here soon :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.