Ok I'm new to domain mapping and want to ask some questions

Ok I'm new to domain mapping and want to ask some questions to prevent prolonged downtime.

Currently I have 3 sites like this: mydomain.com/userblogs/
I want to move /userblogs/ to there own domain name. If I understand correctly the plugin "Domain Mapping" can achieve this with no issues.(?)

Since /userblogs/ are already built and active will I have to fix broken links once I move them to there own domains? Anything I should be worried about?

Just making sure I'm understanding everything correctly.. Thanks

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Booker, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

How are you planning on mapping the domain names to the subsites on your subdirectory Multisite? By A records, CNAMEs, or something else?

Bear in mind, if you're using the A record method, you'll need to make sure that you have a dedicated IP set up for your Multisite, and that the DocumentRoot is pointed at your Multisite (you'll want to ask your host about the setting of the DocumentRoot).

Once the DocumentRoot is set, you should be taken to the home page for the main site.

I take it you've already had a look at the usage page for Domain Mapping? :slight_smile:

Since /userblogs/ are already built and active will I have to fix broken links once I move them to there own domains?

No, you shouldn't have to worry about broken links here. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have more questions on this please!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.