Ok. I've had this issue for a while now and no one seems

Ok. I've had this issue for a while now and no one seems to be able to solve it! I'm almost ready to pay someone to fix it.

Ill go through from the start.

After installing the Ultimate Facebook plugin, whenever I would select "Override WordPress discussion settings" both the Facebook comments and WP comments would disappear. If the box was unticked both types of comments would appear and I only wanted the Facebook comments.
Issue was talked about here
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/issue-with-either-both-wp-and-fb-comments-showing-or-neither#post-467202

The solution implemented was adding #respond {display : none !important} to the css. So the "Override WordPress discussion settings" now stays unticked to show both comments and the CSS hides he WP comments. Great, problem solved I thought.

Issue now is that the facebook comments on my WP page are not linked to the comments on my facebook page.
http://www.alphadriver.com.au/news/2013/07/jaguar-set-to-wow-goodwood-crowd-with-surprise-c-x75-dynamic-debut/

https://www.facebook.com/AlphaDriver

As you can see I have commented on each page separately yet they do not appear on the other page.

I love this plugin in but if this cannot be sorted I will have to find another plugin to spend my money on which I do not want to do!

Settings are:
- Import Facebook comments: Unticked
- Use Facebook for comments: Ticked
- Override WordPress discussion settings: Unticked (Please do not ask me to tick this as if you read the post you will realize ticking this makes the comment box disappear)

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Paul,

Sure, I can help look into this for you. First, allow me to explain a few things.

- Import Facebook comments: Unticked

This will take comments from facebook, import them, and show them inline with your other wordpress comments. I would advise turning this setting on.

However, the comments won't go both ways if someone doesn't post with a facebook account. If someone uses the Wordpress comments box and simply supplies their email to make a comment, that comment won't be sent to facebook as there is no authorized user for it. They would need to comment via the facebook form.

- Override WordPress discussion settings: Unticked (Please do not ask me to tick this as if you read the post you will realize ticking this makes the comment box disappear)

That's the whole point of using this option. It removes the Wordpress comment box, and adds a facebook comment box.

You do not want to use the "override" and "import" options at the same time.

Now, to get started here, can you pleas switch to the default theme (Twenty Twelve temporarily? Please let me know if the plugin works as expected. I suspect the real issue here has to do with your theme and how it renders the comments section. Looks like PC already had something started to fix this.

However, before we continue, let's use the default theme so you can setup the plugin as you would expect it to work. Then we can figure out what changes when you change themes, and how we can correct it.

Best regards

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Ok, so that's a start. Your theme may have been using a comments template that wasn't setup properly, or otherwise incompatible with how Ultimate Facebook handles comments.

While logged into the admin account for that facebook Application, can you please check the comments form on that post? You should have a settings option (see screenshot)

It's possible that moderation is enabled.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Paul,

I'm sorry about the delay here. Would you mind posting screenshots from your "Basic", "Permissions", and "Advanced" pages of your facebook API settings. Perhaps I can try to recreate this exactly while we wait to hear back from the developer.

Best regards

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I think there's a confusion here. The Facebook Comments are there for comments on your site page, which is working fine. The Facebook post is a whole different entity, on a different URL, so the comments there are separate from the ones on your site. I hope this clears it up a bit.

• Paul
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hang on, I thought the whole point is that it's the same comments on the facebook post as the wordpress page? I am pretty sure this has been confirmed here before and I've seen it before too, Maybe with another plugin?

• Paul
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Can anyone confirm this? is it impossible to have the same comments appear between the linked facebook post and the wp post? I thought that was the whole point of integration or else it's not integrated is it?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry for the delay and any confusion. I'm able to confirm what Vladislav has said. These comments are actually separate. The ones on your Wordpress site are related only to that URL, and not the comments on facebook. A new comment stream is created to be associated with your blog post URL. This is separate from user comments on facebook for something that was posted.

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.