OK, so this may sound stoopid ;) I see that Ultimate

OK, so this may sound stoopid :wink:

I see that Ultimate Branding is compatible with Standard WP and Multi. I have installed on a multi site so I use it from the super admin level!

If however, I install on a stand alone installation for a client, what is to stop them going into branding and turning off and/or changing everything I set up for them to begin with?

Should I set up a higher lever admin or something to begin with? Or am I confused.

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @highveldmedia

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question, in this case, Does the client need admin access for certain features? If not I recommend setting them up as an editor.

The advantages of which are, they can't update plugins, they can't access ultimate branding, they can't make changes using the code editor and in general there is less chance of them breaking something, would that work for you?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• highveldmedia
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hmmm....

Perhaps not, but it would be good for them to see the usual dashboard areas as I am setting up new feeds and links to our site and services etc. I can test that to see how much they see I guess, but I wanted them to have option later to change themes etc if they really wanted.

In Multi User its cool as they just cannot access the branding one at all.

But I want them to have their sites hosted on their own servers, so multi is not an option in that case?

Martin

• highveldmedia
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Am I right in saying though if I install Easy Blogging, it allows them to switch between Easy Menu and standard at anytime anyway?

I read the specs of that one and the image seemed to suggest this!

Let me know if I am wrong :slight_smile:

Thank You!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Martin,

Thanks for the additional information, i have just been taking a look and by default there isn't a way to hide this on a single site install.

They could have a multisite install on their own server, but most likely wouldn't want to, if they didn't want to manage multiple sites or have people sign up for sub sites.

In this specific use case, it does indeed seem like our easy blogging plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/easy-blogging/ would be the best solution, though please be aware while it will hide the menu items, if they know the direct link they can still access it, but I doubt they would know the link :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.