Okay for BuddyPress? Can it categorize/template BP installs?

If I want to have a setup where WP MultiSite + BuddyPress houses multiple styles of WP+BP installs...

Example:
-want a new website? ok, are you signing up a group of book readers or neighborhood group or school classroom?
-if they choose book club, the new WP+BP site is setup a certain way.
-separate default settings for neighborhood groups
-separate template/defaults for school classroom site

Which plugin(s) do I need to do this setup?

Thank you.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Clifford.

The Blog Type plugin isn't for BuddyPress.

I know Gravity Forms works with registration and BuddyPress. Perhaps that could be used. I've not tested. If it did then perhaps you could have a different for a different purpose?

-if they choose book club, the new WP+BP site is setup a certain way.

Perhaps.... our New Blog Template could be used?

You could set up some default config sites, then from the signup page the user could pick the type of site aka blog template. Could that work for you?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template

Take care.

• Jason

"The Blog Type plugin isn't for BuddyPress."

Why not?
    Either A) It won't work because *insert reason*
    or B) That feature exists elsewhere.

Please leave behind some clues when telling someone something. It's like uncommented source.
    It doesn't change anything in the program, but it saves every dev who looks at it later a lot of time.

Please elaborate, I'm getting tired of searching for non answers...

• Timothy Bowers

"The Blog Type plugin isn't for BuddyPress."
    Why not?

Because thats not what it was developed for. Blog Types was developed before BuddyPress for WordPress MU to allow you to categorise blogs.

The original poster was not asking why a specific plugin was not for BuddyPress, Clifford simply wanted to know if it was compatible which it isn't and if not then what we would suggest.

In this instance my suggestion of New Blog Template would fit perfectly with creating templates to start sites from.

Please elaborate, I'm getting tired of searching for non answers...

Feel free to open up your own ticket, we have plenty of staff on board now whom are more than willing to assist when and where needed.

I understand and fully appreciate your request, however covering every angle and variable not asked in every thread would not be practical. Sorry.

If you have any further questions then please let me know.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.