Ok...I have it down to two themes for a Multisite

Ok...I have it down to two themes for a Mulitsite BuddyPress "group meetup" site.

Can someone look at both and tell me which has most or better features?

I-Transform

A Responsive, flexible and powerful theme that comes with plugin “TemplatesNext Toolkit” giving you features like portfolios, testimonials, services, columns, custom blog pages, unlimited sliders, etc. The i-transform theme for WordPress is developed using a popular theme “Twenty Thirteen” giving you all the features of Twenty Thirteen plus several additional features like easy to use admin theme options, featured post section, 5 color schemes, multiple blog layouts, WooCommerce ready etc. Whether you are a first time user looking for a clean, simple and easy to use theme for blogging or looking for a powerful theme to build business sites; i-transform is the perfect theme for you.

Version 2.0.9 | By templatesnext team | Visit Theme Site

OR.....

Responsive Pro

Responsive Pro Theme is a flexible foundation with fluid grid system that adapts your website to mobile devices and the desktop or any other viewing environment. Theme features Theme Customizer with 12 skins, 9 Page Templates, 11 Widget Areas, 6 Template Layouts, 4 Menu Positions and more. Powerful but simple Theme Options for full CMS control with easy Logo Upload, Social Networking and Webmaster Tools etc. Responsive Pro is compatible with WooCommerce and bbPress, Multilingual Ready (WPML), RTL-Language Support, Retina-Ready, Search Engine Friendly, W3C Markup Validated and currently translated into 40 languages. Cross-Browser compatible. Official support forum

Version 1.0.1.2 | By CyberChimps WordPress Themes | Visit Theme Site

Predrag Dubajic

Hey @tony,

Hope you're doing well today

Looking for more features is not always a good thing, you should be looking for what your needs are, there is no need for a theme with hundreds of options if you need some simple functionality, it will just make the job of making your site more complicated.
    So it really depends on which features you need.

They both look like good themes but I hadn't had a chance to use neither of them, by the looks of your request you should be choosing the one that plays better with BuddyPress.
    Quick google search didn't find any results with people complaining about issues on either of them using BuddyPress so that is a good thing.

Basically you should consider what options you are looking in theme and choose from there.
    I can see that Responsive has a version 2 released which doesn't have pro features which is free for download as is the i-Transform, so why not download them both and test them out in your local environment before making final decision?

Hope this helps

Best regards,
    Predrag

Michael Bissett

Hey @tony,

One never knows what features will be important as a site grows.

Agreed, but that's kind of a hard thing to predict, and there's a lot of changes that could be asked for in the future.

That being said, it looks like Responsive Pro is a premium theme:

http://cyberchimps.com/store/responsivepro/

I haven't purchased that particular theme, but I am curious about their Response II theme (codenamed Responsive Mobile) over here, have you had a look at that?

https://wordpress.org/themes/responsive-mobile/

Going on the features that are mentioned for the Responsive Pro theme (as well as Responsive II), and comparing the features between both of the themes you mentioned in your initial post, it would seem that the Responsive family of themes would be the more attractive option, given the features mentioned (e.g. Retina-Ready [handy for images that are displayed on mobile devices], Search Engine Friendly, W3C Markup Validated [valid code is always good]).

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Timothy Bowers

Hey there Tony,

We're not the developers of either of those themes, if you want a free Vs Pro comparison it would be best to contact their sales department. With that many themes available out there it's hard for us to use them all, and be pro's in them all.

It's really a case of seeing what the Pro version offers, and if that's something you desire.

When looking for a theme the best thing to do is plan what you really want for your site, and how you envisage the growth taking you. Then build your site around that. If you keep asking your customers what they want, they'll keep feedback and you can grow with demand. But keep in mind that with demand will often come feature requests, and thus custom development that might sway from the authors development path and vision. If that happens you'll no doubt need to either develop or hire a developer to maintain and enhance your offerings.

Have a great weekend.