Old site keeps getting re-added

An old client's site keeps getting re-added to my dashboard. I've removed the site a few times but it keeps coming back. I no longer deal with the client, nor do I have access to the site to remove the plugin. How can I stop this please? The client is getting access to my premium WPMU plugins without my authorisation.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Steve Perry

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If you don't have any access so you can't log the plugin out or remove it, the solution would be to change account password and then remove the site from The Hub. You will need to re-login all your "valid" sites back but it will make WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on that "returning" site unable to login to your account so the only way for the site owner - if they want to continue keeping our plugins up to date and use our services/support - will be to sign up for themselves.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Steve Perry

That's actually a bit unexpected and it shouldn't happen. Though it's possible that for some reason the API key was actually specified in the wp-config.php file. That'd be very rare case but if it is - then only resetting API key will help (and that will actually require all the sites to be logged in again to The Hub).

So, I'd suggest doing it this way:

1) give another try to password change but the "other way around" than last time: first remove site from Hub and then change password

2) if the site still keeps coming back: remove it, reset API key and - just to be sure, though it shouldn't be necessary - change password again and it would be "cut off" for good, unless its new owner/admin will register it with own account.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.