On IE9 for the exact same version, some don't see checkout button

I've got an interesting issue with Marketpress on a client's site (bmr1.com).

I've gotten reports that on the client's computer the checkout button doesn't show up on the checkout screen.

To make matters worse for reproducing this error, I've got the exact same version of IE, and I do see the button.

Any ideas as to why this is?

-Nick

• aecnu

Greetings nickrosener,

This is truly bizarre and when I go the their site the checkout button is showing up just fine which leads me to speculate at the many problems that could be causing this.

One that comes to mind immediately is that Javascript is enabled, another is the real version of IE9 that they are using i.e. in my screen shot below you will see that it is 9.0.8112.XXX which indicates that this version alone has been rolled over or updated 8112 times.

Also note that it has a hot patch on it for 9.0.5 KBXXXXX

So which version is your client really using is the real question here too. Point being that IE9 as a description is not enough to determine if you are using the same IE9.

Personally the next step I would take is checking that their Javascript is enabled, empty their cache, and what version they are really running to determine if they are missing detrimental updates.

The options for setting IE to enable javascript are in --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Security tab --> custom levels or have them set their security to medium and that should turn javascript on too.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings nickrosener,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.