On my About pg - there seems to be tons of space in between

On my About pg - there seems to be tons of space in between the paragraph (about myself) and the divider, Recommendations, etc. Is that normal? Any way to make the space in between sections or page text and widgets more normal looking?

Also the header "Recommendations" seems to be bold - any way to make a smaller header? And not bold? Thanks!!

Also how would I get just the testimonial names (last line in those text boxes) italics or bold? Thanks!

Also my site on a mobile phone doesn't lay out nicely - elements get smushed. Any way to edit that?

• Vaughan

Hi @Charna,

It looks like you have a margin set in the theme.

Try this

#page-header + .thb-section, #page-header + .thb-section-container {
        margin-top: 0 !important;
    }

#main-content {
        margin-bottom: 0 !important;
    }

.thb-text, .comment_body {
        margin-bottom: 0 !important;;
    }

.thb-section-extra {
        padding: 25px 0 !important;
    }

tbh-section-block-header {
        font-weight: 300 !important;
    }

the testimonial lines there isn't anything I can do as they're part of the same paragraph as the rest of the content.

This would need to be done most likely in the templates for whatever testimonials plugin you use or if it's built in the theme. You would most likely require a developer for that.

You can advertise for a developer here if need be. https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope this helps

• Charna

Thank you!! So it seems like that CSS worked for the space in between sections but now the title of the page to the paragraph is too close - see attached.

Also the divider from paragraph to "recommendations" is not evenly spaced - how do I adjust that?

And the title Recommendations - is there a way to get a smaller sub-header? And/or maybe take off the bold (if not smaller)? What's your suggestion for the design aspect? Thanks!!

• Charna

Thanks for your response. Yes I adjusted the code (added a little) and it worked. Now - attaching screenshot - 2 questions - the divider is not evenly spaced between the About text and Recommendations header. I tried adding the extra 25px before the 0 in the code below but however much I tried it added way too much space. Do I change the 0 itself? (On the home pg the divider is perfectly spaced between the portfolio loop widget and recommendations...)

Also small thing - when you scroll down - the header (About) rides into the logo. Anything to do about that? Thanks!

Also the word recommendations - I think either that should be smaller in bold, or the bold removed completely - from a design perspective what do you recommend and what code would I need to change?

Once more question for now :slight_smile: Similar to the arrows right and left next to portfolio or the one at the bottom of the page to scroll up - is there a way to add a nice sleek arrow (same style - also if I wanted to change the style of the arrows how would I do that?) under the header on the home pg against the blue background to show that you can scroll down past the header? Thanks!

I really appreciate your help! (As soon as you're able.) Thank you!

}

.thb-text, .comment_body {
    margin-bottom: 0 !important;;

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Charna,

Now - attaching screenshot - 2 questions - the divider is not evenly spaced between the About text and Recommendations header. I tried adding the extra 25px before the 0 in the code below but however much I tried it added way too much space. Do I change the 0 itself? (On the home pg the divider is perfectly spaced between the portfolio loop widget and recommendations...)

Try using the following CSS code to make the divider evenly spaced on about page.

body.page-id-17 .thb-section-extra {
         padding: 45px 0 25px !important;
    }

Also small thing - when you scroll down - the header (About) rides into the logo. Anything to do about that? Thanks!

Try using following CSS code to resolve this issue.

.thb-header-inner-wrapper {
          background: #F2F2F2;
    }

Also the word recommendations - I think either that should be smaller in bold, or the bold removed completely - from a design perspective what do you recommend and what code would I need to change?

Just make the font size of it small by using the following code.

body.page-id-17 #thb-section-0-row-1 h1.thb-section-block-title {
          font-size: 50px !important;
    }

Please note developing custom code for your custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide so to develop any further custom functionality consider hiring a developer from https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/ to develop it for you if you are a programmer.

Any other issues, we're here to help.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.