On my multisite

On my multisite, WPMU DEV Dashboard just disappeared from my admin menu. It is listed in my plugins, but it does not show up on the sidebar menu.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there woliczko,

hope you’re doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

By default WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin should be visible to the admin user that connected his WPMUDEV account, and specifically in multisite installations should be visible in network admin area only.

Also, please inspect wp-config.php file of your installation for any line like

define( 'WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1' );

and remove it.

Please double check these for me and let me know how that goes!

If the issue persists, please try to perform a plugin/theme conflict test as described in a nice flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

Simply deactivate all other plugins, activate a default theme like TwentySeventeen and test if WPMUDEV Dashboard is visible. If not, there’s no conflict. If our dashboard becomes visible though, activate your plugins and theme one-by-one until you get the conflicted combination.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• woliczko
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The problem is your plugin SIMPLE SITEMAPS FOR MULTISITE. As sun as I trashed it everything is working OK. After, I reinstalled this plugin I’m getting error: “Server error status: OK [200]”, and my WPMU DEV Dashboard vanishes.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there woliczko,

hope you’re having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

Multisite Sitemaps plugin has some special installation notes as you can also see in its product page under Usage tab here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/sitemaps-and-seo-wordpress-mu-style/#product-usage

In short:

1: Install the Simple Sitemaps for Multisite Plugin.

2: Move sitemap.php from /wp-content/simple-sitemaps/ folder to /wp-content/ folder.

3: Open up your .htaccess file and add the following under the line that handles uploaded files:

RewriteRule ^(.*/)?sitemap.xml wp-content/sitemap.php [L]

In my test site, the WP block looks like this:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^index.php$ – [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin

RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*/)?sitemap.xml wp-content/sitemap.php [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^ – [L]

RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]

RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*.php)$ $2 [L]

RewriteRule . index.php [L]

Nginx users should use the following rewrite rule instead of the above:

rewrite ^/(.*/)?sitemap.xml /wp-content/sitemap.php last;

4. Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there.

Let me know how that goes as I wasn’t able to reproduce your error in my test installation.

Take care,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.